whats the hatsan equivalent 4x4

kennym

OK so I've just got myself a new (old) 4x4 for work, shooting, green laneing, & general use,

As I was working on it I thought,..... so whats the 4x4 equivalent of the hatsan?........ by this i mean the butt of jokes, ect..........

The truth is I had a hatsan, it was great, it never missed a beat.....but they still can't shake off the haters

So feeling a bit mischievous I thought I'd ask your thoughts.......

Nope, if it's Jap then there's a chance it will last and work.

The answer is "Vauxhall Frontera".

There you have it. It's only because the Austin Princess 4x4 and the Rover 25 4x4 never sold well that the Vauxhall steps into the breach.

Which is actualy as much Izuzu as it is Vauxhall :good:

Trust me.. I hate Luton & Vauxhall as much as the next man, but my SWB Frontera Sport has been a fantastic shooting truck! And I will defend it on that alone..

I've just done the headgasket on it, and it's running better than ever + it's never got me stuck, does 80-90mph on the big roads... I've tried to get rid of it, and have had a good look at the used & new 4x4 market - but there is nothing, and I mean Nothing (ok maybe a rust bucket sportrak) out there that has a lamping platform quite like the pop out roof of the SWB Sport.

Sure... I could buy a pickup, but I need somewhere secure to store my dogs, and I didnt fancy having 4 mates round to remove the roof, everytime I wanted to take it lamping!

Edited by garyb

is yours an Isuzu engine Gary

many moons ago we ran vauxhall vans that apparently the best bit were the Isuzu engines, well they went ok till the head gasket went every 40K with the head only being able to be skimmed twice. We fell out with them as they offered an unlimited warranty for 3 years at that point and boy did it cost them. They then refused to cover couriers and reduced the mileage on their commercial cover :good:

Nope!

It's a 113bhp GM unit, as seen in the cavalier, astra etc...

The diesels carry izuzu units from what I understand.

Like I said, I've just done the headgasket on mine at 121,000 - it had the original GM head set still on it!

Edited by garyb

There you have it. It's only because the Austin Princess 4x4 and the Rover 25 4x4 never sold well that the Vauxhall steps into the breach.

Spot on, I remember speaking to a vauxhall salesman who was embaressed about the fact that vauxhall set up theses ramps and sea saws on the forecourt and the frontera struggled to get round them!

There can only be one 4x4 - too far, my vote goes to the Russian jeep thingy as seen along the Berlin wall.

I was a passenger in one when working for the Sandinistas in Nicarargua, ok it's better than a donkey but it drives and feels like a buget kit car. To say it is not adapted for the tropics is an understatment - the windows don't open (ok for the Berlin wall, stops Russian squaddies making a run for it)

My pet off road hate - is seeing jacked up Landies with big 4X4 stickers and loadsa lights on top. I really suspect the IQ of the driver as even a 2 yr old girl knows what a Landrover is for :good:

There can only be one 4x4 - too far, my vote goes to the Russian jeep thingy as seen along the Berlin wall.

I was a passenger in one when working for the Sandinistas in Nicarargua, ok it's better than a donkey but it drives and feels like a buget kit car. To say it is not adapted for the tropics is an understatment - the windows don't open (ok for the Berlin wall, stops Russian squaddies making a run for it)

My pet off road hate - is seeing jacked up Landies with big 4X4 stickers and loadsa lights on top. I really suspect the IQ of the driver as even a 2 yr old girl knows what a Landrover is for :yay:

yes we all know what landrovers are for ... pulling out jap **** when its stuck :good::yes::blush:

Erm The Mk1 frontera was Actually the Isuzu MU badged by Vauxhall just as the Monterey was tropper with vauxhall badge I had an astra with Isuzu Engine wicked torque and turbo lag no power up the rev range was great til the block went porous...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Wizard#...Chevrolet_Rodeo

Worst has to be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Safari .........

unique leather *** fabric upholstery

EDIT:check the link bloomin swear filter...

Edited by HDAV