Training for the Big One

Mr Potter

For those of us who are taking the N v S battle seriously, not just an excuse to parade about in a frock or even an excuse to invent some more excuses :lol::lol: the serious preparation is about to begin.

No more straw bale shoots, God forbid no more mark your own scorecard, no more of the "easier" or "less difficult" registered shoots. I've booked onto a registered FITASC shoot this Sunday at Kegworth, I realise it wont be as challenging as Hodnet on the 29th but it's still the toughest thing I can find this weekend. :P:P

I'm starting a diet and with a bit of luck and total starvation I could be down to Chard's weight by the end of May (technical question, is bacon a fruit or a vegetable?). I've bought a bike, not sure about riding it anywhere but buying it was strenuous enough and from Monday I've decided to tie my own shoelaces, the missus will be upset at losing the job but I'll think of something else for her to do. (she doesn't know yet that I'm taking this so seriously that she will have to go short on the night of the 28th May - if you get my drift :P<_< B) :lol: )

Anyway I'm 100% certain all us Persons of the North (nearly forgot that we've got a lady in our team, sorry Auntie) are starting similarly strict training regimes and I bet even one or two of the softies are cutting back on the jellied eels and increasing the frequencies of the knees ups with Mother Brown so come on, without giving any real secrets away, both Numpties and Softies what are you doing to prepare for battle?

Mr Potter

Southerners, please start a separate thread on your training in coming second!

im going to have to get out with the northen ninjas before this shoot. im considering fitting a scope to my 12g, as i cant hit a thing without one :lol: physical training at the mo includes eating less, smoking more and thinking about neked girlies <_<

(she doesn't know yet that I'm taking this so seriously that she will have to go short on the night of the 28th May - if you get my drift )

Thats another few months in counselling, Thanks Dad!!

;):good::lol: class. :good:

It's all in the head.

I have undergone hypnotherapy so that all I can here 24/7 is the theme tune to Rocky.

Not looking good for you Northern Apollo Creed types.

EDIT.

Incidentally, it's not "ROCKY" but "COCKNEY"

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385"> Edited by Mungler

The captain for the North has suggested that the Numpties take some dance classes to improve their stance and posture.

Our Southern spy managed to sneak a look at NickyT and Anni at their first lesson -

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

And Matt has anounced the official anthem for the souther fairies. :good:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385"> Edited by MM

Incidentally, this chap is rather funny for a Frenchman:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> ">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

And this is a right giggle, and with some skill (a word the Northen monkeys will need to look up)

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385"> Edited by Mungler

Im buying new tyres for the xtrail, does that count as preparation?

Also will try sitting in a darkened corner saying hummmm, hummmm,.......

if all else fails will have an extra bacon butty in the morning....

the shooting wont improve that much between now and then.....

Just a quick thought......

We have PIGEON WATCH enamel badges......any chance of Badges for this shoot.......everyone would buy one i think and would raise a bit more cash for the cause....(even cloth ones would do)

The captain for the North has suggested that the Numpties take some dance classes to improve their stance and posture.

Our Southern spy managed to sneak a look at NickyT and Anni at their first lesson -

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

Haaaaaaaaaa Your wrong :good::good: Thats me and Nicky giving are first lesson. Good balance and foot work makes a better shooter ;)

(she doesn't know yet that I'm taking this so seriously that she will have to go short on the night of the 28th May - if you get my drift )

Thats another few months in counseling, Thanks Dad!!

You evil minded little scrote! if I ever find out who your father is I'll give him a sound thrashing :good:;)

It was obvious to the pure minded among us that I meant your Mother will have to go short of money so I'll have enough to pay for YOUR lunch and YOUR raffle tickets and some more raffle tickets for YOU. Then YOU'LL want to stop on the way home to have a pint to celebrate the North's total annihilation of the shandy swiggers.

It's all ME ME ME (no not you Matt) with you isn't it, even if you had needed counseling I would probably have had to pay for it.

Husband of the Mother of Son of Potter.

To all PWers, if the boy carries on like this he'll be up for adoption (by auction) at Hodnet. Starting bid £1 no reserve with all proceeds to the charity.