Jack Pyke Clearview Hide Netting

It sounds very similar to the netting i have. Two problems, if you have standard hide poles this netting might not have any built in mthod of attaching to those poles (mine is just a flat sheet of material). The other, and most anoyying on mine, is that it catches the wind really easily and it blows in or out like a ******* sail. Personally i'm looking at getting the stealth netting having seen it in use recently, looks very manageable.

Don't know a great deal about the clearview netting, but there have been other posts which kind of point to it not having a very good rating. I too have a stealth net, but on the first time of using it when tending to my pattern and looking back at the hide from about 30yds I could cleary see my seat and other gear stacked up in it!! So I have now acquired a realtree netting and us the 2 in combination, seems to do the trick!!

These nets are great in the summer as the backdrops we set up against are full of vegitation, but in the winter when everything is bare, these aren't so great.

I use one of these along with a Stealth net, and I find these two cover pretty much every scenario throughout the year.

Good addition to your normal net I'd say!

It's light,compact and tear resistant. No good against the light. It needs a solid background. The other thing is there are no seam or holes to assist securing. You have to make your own. I've put some brass eyelets in the folded over seams to enable me to tie it to things.

Have used one since may 09,its light and takes up no room in ya kit bag and is easy to see through when watching for pigeons and has never ripped although its been in a lot of brambles and works as a hide net.However,it is also **** in the wind and will drive you mad and the pigeons away with its flapping about.,i use clothes pegs to secure to the poles,you need a second layer of material to cover you whilst the top 300mm is left clear to see through .

Would not buy another,if i could have money back or sell it i would buy a stealth net like my mate uses,incredible net you cant see it if you walk down the field and look back,think the best case would be;

1,stealth net

2,clear net inside and 300mm above stealth to aid viewing clearly

ATB

Karl

I use clearview netting combined with stealth netting.

I first put on the clearview netting, attaching it with clips and then drape the stealth netting around. By drapping the stealth neeting between the poles you get a clearview (excuse the pun) on three sides.

I think the combination works very well. :lol:

i bought a4mtr jack pyke net to weeks back must say not to impressed can see right thro if no back ground but recon it will be fairly good agianst a hawthorn hedge in full leaf up side is it is very light stick it in yer pocket and cut some sticks from the hedge use them clips 4 for aquid from cheap shops and u can shoot an opertunist flight line traveling light

i bought one as i wanted a lightweight hide net as i travel light but found it wasn't that good so i bought a camoreal scrim and got the mrs to stitch them together and it was great made a good strong strong net and i could turn it either way to blend in against various vegitation, i have since turned it into a ponch/ghilli thing.

i folded it in half cut a hole for my head and tidied the neck up, then sewed up the sides apart from 1.5ft at the top on either side for my arms to go through and sew some of the spare scrim onto an old realtree cap with a leaf face mask attached to it and now don't need hide pole i just tuck into the hedge on my seat stick and am sorted as it comes to just below the knee so i just look like a bush!

i bought one as i wanted a lightweight hide net as i travel light but found it wasn't that good so i bought a camoreal scrim and got the mrs to stitch them together and it was great made a good strong strong net and i could turn it either way to blend in against various vegitation, i have since turned it into a ponch/ghilli thing.

i folded it in half cut a hole for my head and tidied the neck up, then sewed up the sides apart from 1.5ft at the top on either side for my arms to go through and sew some of the spare scrim onto an old realtree cap with a leaf face mask attached to it and now don't need hide pole i just tuck into the hedge on my seat stick and am sorted as it comes to just below the knee so i just look like a bush!

Gaz you are the mother of invention, I have visions of a mobile hide, on a bike with a deer and a flat tyre :mad:

however sounds like a good idea

cheers doc

Gaz you are the mother of invention, I have visions of a mobile hide, on a bike with a deer and a flat tyre :mad:

however sounds like a good idea

cheers doc

Of course he could just have bought a ripstop nylon camo' poncho off fleabay for twelve quid and saved the wife a job. :cry1:

Quite a few negative remarks...

I'm pretty happy with mine - I use 2 poles for the clearview (4m) and 2 poles for some additional garden shade netting (2m) I purchased separately to use behind the Clearview. With this set-up, I can use the shade net to directly shade me from the sun if necessary, and to give a bit more coverage. Works best as long as you have a good background.

Seems to work - My mate and I were too busy talking to notice the two pigeons ambling amongst the decoys not 40 yards away!

A bit later, a hare was hopping about at the same distance, seemingly oblivious.

I'm very happy with it.

Dunno, a lot of people also utilise grasses, branches or other stuff to compliment their hides. Anything that makes a hide effective is got to be good.

I don't disagree with you, but to buy something where one of the advantages is its lightweight and compactness and then have to carry another net to compensate for the fact the light, compact one is not effective, seems somehow wrong to me.

I have tried most nets (including the stealth net) and still prefer my MoD camo net. :yes:

I will add to my comment as I don't think I gave the clearview enough credit, as I wanted the guy to make his own mind up.

I've used the clearview in the summer on its own with 4 poles and some plastic clamps I bought from the auction site, 8 for £1.99, and whilst munching on a sarnie a woody came in from the side and landed within 2 metres of the hide oblivious of me sitting there with the o/u next to me loaded! I will reiterate, with a good back drop the clearview is a very decent bit of kit which like you said cranfield, is very light and compact.

Seperately I use a stealth net which I bought before the clearview, in truth I think this net is excellent on its own. My one comment is I personally find it a little awkward looking through it all day, so I now use the clearview pulled tight on the poles with the stealth net draped high in the corners and low on the two sides and front; This allows me to sit with the net above head height but with crystal clear view into the distance without straining my eyes and bobbing side to side looking through the Stealth. All this and I carry both in one of those small zip up football boot bag.

As I said earlier, great bit of kit to your existing net for not a lot of money, some guy on the forum was selling it by the metre.

Cos

Quite a few negative remarks...

I'm pretty happy with mine - I use 2 poles for the clearview (4m) and 2 poles for some additional garden shade netting (2m) I purchased separately to use behind the Clearview. With this set-up, I can use the shade net to directly shade me from the sun if necessary, and to give a bit more coverage. Works best as long as you have a good background.

Seems to work - My mate and I were too busy talking to notice the two pigeons ambling amongst the decoys not 40 yards away!

A bit later, a hare was hopping about at the same distance, seemingly oblivious.

I'm very happy with it.

This is exactly how i use mine and with good results.

I will add to my comment as I don't think I gave the clearview enough credit, as I wanted the guy to make his own mind up.

I've used the clearview in the summer on its own with 4 poles and some plastic clamps I bought from the auction site, 8 for £1.99, and whilst munching on a sarnie a woody came in from the side and landed within 2 metres of the hide oblivious of me sitting there with the o/u next to me loaded! I will reiterate, with a good back drop the clearview is a very decent bit of kit which like you said cranfield, is very light and compact.

Seperately I use a stealth net which I bought before the clearview, in truth I think this net is excellent on its own. My one comment is I personally find it a little awkward looking through it all day, so I now use the clearview pulled tight on the poles with the stealth net draped high in the corners and low on the two sides and front; This allows me to sit with the net above head height but with crystal clear view into the distance without straining my eyes and bobbing side to side looking through the Stealth. All this and I carry both in one of those small zip up football boot bag.

As I said earlier, great bit of kit to your existing net for not a lot of money, some guy on the forum was selling it by the metre.

Cos

When i have used my clearview with my mates stealth net as well i think this makes ideal combo just as you have said above,i cant see anything through his stealth unless i got me head right up to the net :yes: