The Pacific

jonno 357

But more importantly, anyone know when it'll be on Pleb-Vision where the picture arrives via a metal twig that sticks out the top of me house, like ?

:good::birthday:

Its a 10 parter directed by Speilberg that cost I beleive $200 for all 10 episodes. That's why it has gone straight to movie channel. I suspect Sky have shelled out a few quid for this one so they want to yet some heavty return

"picture arrives via a metal twig" More chance getting chelsea to play interesting football!

:good::birthday:

Its a 10 parter directed by Speilberg that cost I beleive $200 for all 10 episodes. That's why it has gone straight to movie channel. I suspect Sky have shelled out a few quid for this one so they want to yet some heavty return

"picture arrives via a metal twig" More chance getting chelsea to play interesting football!

Blimey

$20 an episode? I bet it is all action for that money

• 2 weeks later...

This starts tomorrow night and I'm gutted that it's on SKY HD/premier channel because it would cost me an extra £20 a month on my virgin account to get this channel. As I am not a great one for watching movies it would be a waste of money for me so it looks like I'll have to wait until it comes out in boxset ( unless anyone is going to record this to disc and needs a 2nd opinion on it ? ? ? ? ? :lol::D ) .

Blimey

$20 an episode? I bet it is all action for that money

They used Skegness to recreate Iwo Jima, and got some local lads to throw chips on them as the actors pushed their way across a harsh and unforgiving terrian.

This starts tomorrow night and I'm gutted that it's on SKY HD/premier channel because it would cost me an extra £20 a month on my virgin account to get this channel. As I am not a great one for watching movies it would be a waste of money for me so it looks like I'll have to wait until it comes out in boxset ( unless anyone is going to record this to disc and needs a 2nd opinion on it ? ? ? ? ? :lol::D ) .

now you know you cant do this on your own,

i will need to help you, so i will need a set as well.... :lol:

shaun

now you know you cant do this on your own,

i will need to help you, so i will need a set as well.... :yes:

shaun

Hi Shaun, if we can get it sorted by one of the extremely nice gentlemen on here. I will send any discs to you after I have watched them. :lol:

sCh_christianpray3.gif Here's hoping sCh_christianpray3.gif

I have watched these HD tv demos while stood in Comet and Tescos. The ones where you get half HD screen and half normal. I can hardly tell the difference without my specs on. So by leaving my specs off at home I can get the full benefit of HD TV without paying the exorbitant prices and look forward to watching Pacific in its full glory when it goes on Box Office. Dont get fleeced by Sky,just leave off yer glasses.

I got the hd for the bigger sky+ box but you can tell the difference between the channels especially on sport and movies etc but I have to admit that I personally think that this might be because sky are downgrading the standard signal?

Watched it on my 110" HD projector and must admit i was pleasantly durprised by it, the only problem is that the main key characters weren`t as easy to remember and pick out as they were in band of brothers, i think this could be due to the fact the whole cast spent most of the time covered in mud and blood making them look alike. Otherwise i can`t wait for the 3rd episode next week.