Good One Willie

markm

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bloody right,

Take the perks away from them, maybe then they will see what complete dumarses they are to take notice of a poxy trade union.

So they are the highest paid cabin crew in the airline business, get free travel as a perk and they are striking for what exactly? Maybe the perks which I assume were probably tax free aren't enough.

Good on you Willie, Make them buy their own uniforms next :):yes:

should create a bit of disgruntlement as far as union membership is concerned. Sometimes people and unions are so far detached from the real world that they need knocking down a bit and this is a cracking move on his part. Don't need it to go on too long as it affects us a bit with courier material stops us getting a next day delivery in New York if they cancel the morning flight. But so far no other routes have really been affected

Its interesting, the views of people who aren't involved.

For me this highlights what an appaling job unite are doing at getting the reasons why the BA staff are striking across to the public.

I believe that these changes are actually quite a serious change to their working conditions, which means more hours and effectivly less pay.

Tell me, please, how many of you would be happy about your employer giving you more work for effectivly less pay?

Oh and I dont work for BA.

Childish petty response from a manager who's ineptness and downright corruption has cost the company million upon million? ask him if he would like to forgo his perks when (and he will) gets the boot.

KW

No probs with that. 40k (ish) And loads of holidays (school teachers / school management salaries are no secret.) never striked in my life.

A sister of a girl I work (she get cheap flights less than £100 return from Newcastle to London)with is long haul cabin crew for BA. Works approx 2 1/2 days a week, rest of the time in posh hotels or at home, earn nearly 30k, flies around the world on holiday for virtually nowt. Works for a company who is making massive losses. Now compare conditions and salary to a easy jet / Ryan air member of staff.

Ps my hol flights this year cost aporox £3500, if I worked for ba it would cost?

Edited by markm

Before you all join in and have a go at BA workers you should state your own salary and any perks you get IMO.

Regards OTH

That might be your opinion, but I feel it is irrelevant and adds nothing to the discussion.

However, just so you don't think I am shirking your question, I get no salary, I am self employed so I "get" whatever I can afford to take out, and right now in the current climate that is not a lot. The perks are that I get to go shooting/fishing on a week day if time permits.

Edited by john_r

Its interesting, the views of people who aren't involved.

For me this highlights what an appaling job unite are doing at getting the reasons why the BA staff are striking across to the public.

I believe that these changes are actually quite a serious change to their working conditions, which means more hours and effectivly less pay.

Tell me, please, how many of you would be happy about your employer giving you more work for effectivly less pay?

Oh and I dont work for BA.

From what i can gather it's the cabin crew on the older contracts that are whining the most.As the newer cabin crew are being employed they are not getting the same contracts and perks so the older one's are worried that they will not be getting the cream flights and topping their salary up with bonuses

That might be your opinion, but I feel it is irrelevant and adds nothing to the discussion.

However, just so you don't think I am shirking your question, I get no salary, I am self employed so I "get" whatever I can afford to take out, and right now in the current climate that is not a lot. The perks are that I get to go shooting/fishing on a week day if time permits.

Of course its relevant the thread starter is in teaching profession on 40kish and we all know that they get more holidays than 4 weeks a years standard .

I think it just a bit rich having a pop at fellow workers if you yourself are on a good wage and perks.

Where if you are on a low income with rubbish terms then by all means you got a good reason to question strikers.

As it happens the thread starters terms and wage has been protected by a union if you are a union member or not be it in teaching nurseing you wil get the wage increase and terms that the union has won for them.

And when a union agrees a wage increase you dont seen all the none union members saying I dont want that wage rise do you :good: they just take it even if they dont agree with the unions stance two faced if you ask me.

I am also self employed it my choice like yours .

Kind regards OTH

I am hoping Walsh crushes the union into the dirt, did you see the standard of cars the strikers were driving, nothing under 2yrs old. They get a very good wage, good perks and don't have a particulary bad job.

So, here is raising a glass to BA and hoping unite and all the other unions walk backwards with a limp...

Of course its relevant the thread starter is in teaching profession on 40kish and we all know that they get more holidays than 4 weeks a years standard .

So are you telling me that people are not allowed to discuss what they want in the general discussion section. Did you need to know my job and wages to have a pop? Thats sad, I have nothing to hide, I just don't want what was a flag ship UK company going to the wall.

OK I get 16 weeks holidays a year, that is my contract, would I like more YES, would I like more money after 5 years at Uni a HND, 2:1 degree then QTS - YES, 12 years in teaching YES. Am I that bothered NO cos I love my job, my working conditions, my wages, if I didn't I would change my job.

BUT -

16 weeks holiday - 4 weeks standard = 12 weeks more than others

Mon - Fri - 10 extra hours (1 in the morn and 1 after school and this is normally the minimum unpaid before marking work at home)

10 hours over 40 weeks = 480 hours = 80 extra days work (man hours) = 11 weeks per year, which means I could argue I get the same hols as anyone else, in fact less, I know I don't but thats the figures.

Am I complaining NO SIR, NOT ME!!

(Edited because of the mistake 'Tank' made when doing my sums)

Edited by markm