best choice of precharged airgun for

flash

hy flash you wont go wrong with a falcon raptor they are bang on for accuracy and once you set them up very rarely have to re scope ;unless you nock the gun i shoot 2guns a rapid 7 and a raptor can not say which is the best has they just seem to get better each time hope this helps. ps try a carbon fiber charging bottle 300bar they dont waigh eny thing like a divers bottle very easy to transport .

well if it were my money on the line, i would be looking at the following:

Air Arms S410 beech stock

AGS 3-9x40 mil-dot scope

mounts

£474

+

gun bag £12

5000 AA field pellets (10 tins) £54

then chargeing gear

12Ltr 300 bar including gauge and hose

£190

or a pump for £93

(though i really would advise goign for the bottle, as long as you have soemwhere lcal to fill it up)

add it all up and you get

£730

or about £585 without a years supply of pellets and going with the pump

if you can afford it go for the bottle, but the pump will do just as good a job at putting air in the rifle and gettign you shooting :beer:

ROB :)

PS those prices are from JS Ramsbottom.

I would go for a 2nd hand rapid that way you wont be waisting money later by changing UP to one? and if you want to go FAC at a later date you dont need to change the gun? I have had a few "so called good guns Hw100, daystate X2, etc

got rid and settled on two rapids best move I EVER made

cheers KW

The problem with secondhand Rapids is a great many, possibly a majority, have been butchered by home "tuners". I've seen some right dogs come to the club. One even had a barrel so bent at the end you could see the crown was oval and had extra holes in places not conducive to 12 ft/lb consistency. It cost a fortune to put right. The Rapid only makes sense at FAC levels. At 12 ft/lb levels the 410 is better in all departments bar finnish quality.

S410 for me as well. Have two .22 and .177. Go for the .177 in beech, good all round gun. If you can go for the logan silencer not the AA, and if it's posible the old type fill adaptor. Some don't like it, due to the scratching it can put on your silencer, but the new type can be a bit dodgy, when they can fly off with 190 bar behind them :beer: If you go for a bottle, get a 300 bar not 232, you'll get alot more fill's from it. Pumps are ok, but hard work, and can put moisture in the air resevoir. ..All this is IMHI

For that money I'd be looking for a good second hand Daystate.

I bought a brand new x2 my honest opinion? "rubbish" heavy , long, it was pellet fussy to the extreme (hated daystate pellets) was inconsistent? bluing was substandard? got an hw100 in truth a very nice accurate gun but a bit heavy, noisy but I machined anew silencer to fit it admittedly newer versions at 12lb are whisper quiet, and no good for going up to fac? so bought a second hand rapid mk1 (unmolested yes I took the inlet valve out to have a quick look for "mods" and I chrono'd it before parting with dosh)

paid £380 thing was "mint" accurate to a fault built to last was not in the least pellet fussy so I could stop washing accupels and was the most piontable hunting gun I had used, liked it so much went and got another for £400 both then got FAC'D after a month or so both guns are now the only guns "air" I have yes they are only used for hunting bunnies and rats, but I bet they would hold there own against any blinged up saddaguns?

cheers kw

have to say that if you want to take a risk a second hand rapid would be a long shot.

me i like playing things safe the AAs410 will last many years apart from the occsional magazine indexing thing breaking, but this shouldnt happen for a good couple of years and when it does its a £10 job that you can do at home in 5 mins.

my personal preference is for the CLASSIC length due to the number of shots you get but its just down to personal choice between the classic and the carbine.

the only thing you have to think long and hard about is .177 or .22 :beer::):lol: my choice would be .177 its faster and flatter and more forgiving on range estimation

ROB ;)

I got my Falcon 12 Raptor Lighthunter for 350 quid and then spent another ton on the charging gear. You can get them new with all the kit I have for 530 quid, but you are still going to have to buy the charging kit.

It's a great gun, light accurate and has a superb trigger. The one gripe I have with it is that the resevoir will only hold enough air for 40 shot at full power, but that's the price you pay for the size. The FN19 will shoot nearly 100 at full power, but it's heavier and not as easy to point.

What about a Mk.2 BSA super10? I nearly got one with a custom stock (second hand of course!) when I was looking for a pre-charged. It felt just about right, was accurate and looked good. The Falcon just felt "perfect" when I picked it up so it won.

Failing that, I'd agree that an AA S410(k) would be a great choice. It/They were third on my list and it is a superb rifle. The other two just felt slightly better.

Wookie

Daystate X2W in .177 from Opticswarehouse.com

£510, but you can take the £25 for accessories out of the price of the gun, you also get a free 2 rifle hard case! :lol:

Thats what i did........I find the Daystate harrier x2w is superior to the AAs410k, i have owned both and have found the daystate too be much more reliable, it has a much better trigger unit, and looks alot nicer (IMHO) wack a whiraunch silencer on the end for £30 and its fractionaly quiter aswell.

Also if you come to sell a daystate you will probably get more bee's for it, as there are soooo many aas410k's for sale at the moment

• 3 weeks later...

go for the air arms s410k, light,well balanced, accurate, easy to use, quiet, and perfect for hunting and target shooting, :rolleyes:

ive had mine about 3 yrs and and ive had loada of pleasure with it and sofar no problems, I love it :*)

go for new rather than 2nd hand if you can. that way you now what your buying :oops:

good luck m8 :P