how you voting

pavman

the problem is Doc most of us are in the south in rural areas, unfortunately we have the northern Labour heartlands to contend with with a lot of bad feeling about a leader who was brought up in a priviledged background and is well educated.

The only thing that may help is having read the sun the other day they are doing a good job at trying to educate the masses that another term under Flash may not be a good idea

I still dont know who to vote for.

I dont particulary want to vote Tory because i remember the dark old days when intrest rates went through the roof,negative equity,high unemployment.

But i dont want Brown because i dont agree with the way he was ushered in through the backdoor-despite voting Labour all my adult life.

I still think to vote for any other party is a wasted vote and i might as well deface my polling card to make it void.

Lets Get it right, the high unemployment and high interest rates were due to the legacy of the previous Liabour government!

Not caused by the Tories I am afraid just inherited by them, just like the mess that Liabour have caused again by squandering "OUR" money and bankrupting the country "AGAIN"

Only this time it is FAR FAR Worse :good:

There are going to be terrible times ahead no matter who gets in, its just who do we trust to get us out of it and look after us the people for once?

I Do agree though everyone I speak to hates Brown and Liabour with a vengeance but a lot have not made their mind up yet on who else to vote for?

Edited by SHOOTEMUP

the problem is Doc most of us are in the south in rural areas, unfortunately we have the northern Labour heartlands to contend with with a lot of bad feeling about a leader who was brought up in a priviledged background and is well educated.

The only thing that may help is having read the sun the other day they are doing a good job at trying to educate the masses that another term under Flash may not be a good idea

True, I found a copy of the sun in the waiting room (Honest) and the way they are laying into Gordo and his mates you cant believe they have a chance.

doc

Edited by docholiday

True, I found a copy of the sun in the waiting room (Honest) and the way they are laying into Gordo and his mates you cant believe they have a chance.

doc

Lets hope not...

If con win and they should.... we will have to vote them out after one term just to keep everyone on their toes :good:

depends what they do Pav, would be a shame to see the budget defecit brought down to a manageable level and Gordon get back in to get it back up. I wonder if they do loose how long he'll stay in the top job in the labour camp? i really can't believe many of his party can think he's done a great job

Blair knew what he was doing by keeping him out of No 10 for as long as he did, I still cant believe he wasnt removed by his own party before this election. With his record as chancelor, the mess he made of the pensions and his handling of just about any problem, they must have realised his liability

doc

Edited by docholiday

Sure, let's all vote Conservative. That'll show Labour, those theiving, lying, low life scum. That'll be a really good move... if you want sky high interest rates and inflation to boot. I really can't believe you lot have forgotten the shi-at the Tories put us in during the last recession :good: How many people lost their homes due to the crippling high interest rates on mortgages not to mention the negative equity the majority of privately owned homes were left in.

But sure, go for it... if you really don't give a Richard the 3rd for your country. Vote the Tories in during a recession :good:

This is what i am after

A country where my children can be brought up in a safe environment, investment in the police force

A country where we are not so PC and frightened to tell anyone to ****** off, this is GB and if you dont like it, then ****** off back where you came from

A country which stops leaving the doors wide open for anyone to come over and then once they are over here we give them benefit and housing..

A country which looks after its own, through sickness and old age

A country which looks at the benefits of growing our own produce and not to simply run our own farmers down to the ground and import cheaper produce from a broad

And thats before i get onto shooting sports and fishing etc

So who will give me all this ?

If none of them can, then they are all a waste of space

Spaniel, have a look here. It's there mini manifesto http://www.ukip.org/media/pdf/UKIPMiniman2010web.pdf just to whet your appetite, further reading is available and it's not just about getting out of the EU as most folk think.

I would love for the smaller parties to compete with the Con and Labs but this **** if you vote the smaller parties is a wasted vote. Well der if everybody thinks that of course it will be a wasted vote. I vote for who I would like to see in not somebody who I don't but have to because everybody else thinks that its only two parties involved in the election.

Don't you think they have caught on to this? Labour don't give a toss whether they have done **** in office same as the tories as they will get back in in 4 or 8 years later. Cause I will guarantee the tories will be ******* up as soon as they get in.

I want a party that will work for me not for themselves.

At the moment they are all saying what we want to hear. None of them would deliver. It it about time the winner signs a contract and is bound by their manifesto with consequences for not delivering...

Ukip for me!

Here, here! Well said those men :cry1::lol:

At the moment they are all saying what we want to hear. None of them would deliver. It it about time the winner signs a contract and is bound by their manifesto with consequences for not delivering...

Well said that man!

If I truly believed there is a party that would look after and sort out it's own population before foreigners they would get my vote.

Between the two parties which do you think will be better supporting the sport that we love?

If it means the country has a chance of getting back on it's feet I'd rather pay more tax, it's not going to happen by magic.

Anyway, lovely weather we're having...

James

I first read this at university about 20 years ago and was sceptical, not so nowadays...

"A Democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist

as a permanent form of government. A Democracy will continue to

exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote

themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.

From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates

who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the

result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal

policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University

of Edinburgh, writing in 1787 about The Fall of the Athenian Republic

some 2,000 years prior.

Sure, let's all vote Conservative. That'll show Labour, those theiving, lying, low life scum. That'll be a really good move... if you want sky high interest rates and inflation to boot. I really can't believe you lot have forgotten the shi-at the Tories put us in during the last recession :good: How many people lost their homes due to the crippling high interest rates on mortgages not to mention the negative equity the majority of privately owned homes were left in.

But sure, go for it... if you really don't give a Richard the 3rd for your country. Vote the Tories in during a recession :rolleyes:

Spaniel, have a look here. It's there mini manifesto http://www.ukip.org/media/pdf/UKIPMiniman2010web.pdf just to whet your appetite, further reading is available and it's not just about getting out of the EU as most folk think.

Here, here! Well said those men :lol::P

Just been reading the UKIP Link and to be honest part of me want to vote for them, they seem to be saying what I am thinking but the only problem I have with them, is how far they would go once in power.

It is a strange one - all instincts say that the Conservatives should win - no real alternative - but the polls are confusing the issue and dont seem to reflect what people are saying or feeling not only on P/W but in many places.

Of course, here in Northern Ireland we have a whole menu of parties to vote for - just on the Unionist side, you now have:

The Democratic Unionist Party

The Ulster Unionist & Conservative Party

The Traditional Unionist Voice

This last bunch [TUV] seem from their pictures on their election posters to look like a bunch of genetically modified aliens concocted in a Laboratory by their leader, the scary Jim Allister. They are so weird that not only do they not like the opposition parties such as Sinn Fein, SDLP, the Alliance & the Green Party but they also HATE the other Unionist parties! An introverted bunch who should be avoided at all costs!

So,I guess you guys in Britain are lucky in that your choice is somewhat more straightforward [as long as you dont get seduced by BNP/UKIP] but I was puzzled to read that some thought that Master Nicholas Clegg was the star of last night's broadcast - more like a petulant child who was excluded from the gang - it aint fair.

I was also amused at Gordo going on and on at Cameron about it being impossible to save £6 billion [remember Cameron said if he could save just £1 in every £100 of govt. spending it would achieve that - [who on P/W has not had to make that sort of saving at home at least - just 1% of the household budget?] yet the same great Gordo goes on blithely announcing that he is going to spend tens if not hundreds of billions of pounds of [OUR] money to save the UK, the world, the universe, everything..... Spending is easy, saving to him is obviously quite impossible.

Just think for as start of the £12 billion that Labour has spent on the new NHS computer system that DOES NOT WORK!

Just been reading the UKIP Link and to be honest part of me want to vote for them, they seem to be saying what I am thinking but the only problem I have with them, is how far they would go once in power.

Not sure in what way you're asking that. Do they have enough weight behind them to carry off their policies or do you mean will they go too far?

Well, let's look at each in turn. Their policies are built on issues that are close to the hearts of many British people. In my view, you only have something to fear if you're a sponging low life living off of benefits (I'm talking those who have made it a career to ponce off the state). If you're a genuine, hard working individual or family then you have a lot to gain by voting UKIP. They are the only party with the fresh, new ideas that can only work as they are based on common sense. Something that has been lost to us over the years because Governments have bowed to the whimsical whinings of do-gooders ever since Maggie Thatcher got harrangued by that dyke on live TV for sinking the belgrano when it was sailing away (allegedly). UKIP have enough experience from those they have on board and will get more experience from those who will see sense and join them in the future to make their policies work for the people of this country.

As for going too far, well as they sday in their policies & manifesto, there is a chunk of local issues that will be decided by local people. Not only that, those in office will be accountable to their electorate directly. Seems to me that one or more of the other 3 have cottoned on to this theme already.

One other point that is worth considering, which hasn't been given much air time, is the effects of other countries economies. There is a real risk that more than one country will go the same way as Greece has gone where their economy is concerned. Spain & needs to devalue to stabilse it's currency. Greece should have done that but were unable because the EU wouldn't let them. Italy hasn't balanced it books since God knows when, in fact they shouldn't have been allowed to join the EU until they did. Even then, it probably wouldn't have accounted for much. Can you imagine going to HMRC and saying to them you aren't going to do you tax return this year as you can be bothered, or you don't want to as it will show you've been fiddling. You wouldn't get away with it. That is why we need to remain free of the EU and be independent in Europe.

Hope that helps.

I am sick of this election campaign already, every time I turn the box on it’s like being forced to watch Jedwood or that fat **** from Go Compare.

Come on now do they think that we are fools,(YES) The problem is they won’t talk about what we the voting public are concerned about. Talk about stage managed last night.

They don’t want any party up setting their band wagon in this election, UKIP came second in the EU elections. Yes second, they don’t make that common knowledge. Why weren’t they asked to be on the show ?? You tell me, Could it be something to do with the EU referendum which both sides have gone back on.

This will not be talked about, they will put their heads in the sand. Immigration was talked about last night and they said that they were going to slow it down, and try to control our borders to non EU migrants. But mind you, most of the immigration comes from the EU, and now we have Turkey joining with 60 million of them .

Anyway my blood pressure is now dropping and I must say that Cleggy came across as the best last night. But they will need to do a lot for me to change my mind

Not sure in what way you're asking that. Do they have enough weight behind them to carry off their policies or do you mean will they go too far?

Well, let's look at each in turn. Their policies are built on issues that are close to the hearts of many British people. In my view, you only have something to fear if you're a sponging low life living off of benefits (I'm talking those who have made it a career to ponce off the state). If you're a genuine, hard working individual or family then you have a lot to gain by voting UKIP. They are the only party with the fresh, new ideas that can only work as they are based on common sense. Something that has been lost to us over the years because Governments have bowed to the whimsical whinings of do-gooders ever since Maggie Thatcher got harrangued by that dyke on live TV for sinking the belgrano when it was sailing away (allegedly). UKIP have enough experience from those they have on board and will get more experience from those who will see sense and join them in the future to make their policies work for the people of this country.

As for going too far, well as they sday in their policies & manifesto, there is a chunk of local issues that will be decided by local people. Not only that, those in office will be accountable to their electorate directly. Seems to me that one or more of the other 3 have cottoned on to this theme already.

One other point that is worth considering, which hasn't been given much air time, is the effects of other countries economies. There is a real risk that more than one country will go the same way as Greece has gone where their economy is concerned. Spain & needs to devalue to stabilse it's currency. Greece should have done that but were unable because the EU wouldn't let them. Italy hasn't balanced it books since God knows when, in fact they shouldn't have been allowed to join the EU until they did. Even then, it probably wouldn't have accounted for much. Can you imagine going to HMRC and saying to them you aren't going to do you tax return this year as you can be bothered, or you don't want to as it will show you've been fiddling. You wouldn't get away with it. That is why we need to remain free of the EU and be independent in Europe.

Hope that helps.

Totally agree Doc my friend is standing for parliament for UKIP and lots of people will be voting for him, he has had fantastic feed back while out on the streets

I worked for the NHS for seven years and that is another scam, if only the voters could understand, all you have to di is look at the rules regarding a crown body and vat

I dont want to believe the polls on Sky News, is it really that close, :good:

Lab have had the time to do what they should have done its time for others to have a chance, so just who are the people making up the numbers the polls cliam will vote Lab :lol::lol::no:

A straw poll of friends workmates and family fails to turn in a single vote for Scottish Gordon, with that in Mind Cameron will have a land slide, to be honest change is good and perhaps none of them should get more than one term at a time :yes:

I would vote for anyone that was brave enough to say NO. That is , we as a country are up a creek without a paddle when it comes to the amount of money we owe. But what happens when there is an earthquake or flood, drought etc some where in a third world country, we divey up a load more dosh, and where does that money come from, yes you've got it, we borrow it. We borrow it,promise to pay it back, with loads of interest, THEN WE GIVE IT ALL AWAY!!! What we need is a party with the brass tackle to say NO. Charity begins at home.

But there are too many bleeding hearts and PC people around for that to happen. OOOh how can we let those poor people suffer like that and do nothing, it aint right we must help. Well Im all for helping, but lets wait untill the next 20yrs have gone bye and every man woman and child has finished paying to get this country of ours back in the black.

PS. Years ago when I was a lad, I went out with a young lady that worked in a bank, many a time I was left waiting while she was kept late at work trying to find 20p some one was short of in their till, no- one being allowed to go home till it was found. How much did the banks lose, did any of them have to stay behind to find it?I think not.

How do they sleep at night.

ATB Clynt.

i won't be voting labour or conservative.

i just hope that people who really want a change won't take the safe vote just so labour won't get back in.the thing that frighhtens me is if there's no hung parliment or some of the lesser partie's get close there will be no difference between labour or conserative's.they'll still lie,tax us and bleed us while letting all the rubbish from europe and the rest of the world flood in.

me personally if there was a party that

1,made all U.K businesses employ 80% british worker's

2,gave all people on income support 1 year while claiming,after that they would have to do community service for there money

3,the goverment should fund those on income support who want to get back to work but find it more beneficial to be out of work

4,cut all family allowance to 2 children(except for those who already have larger familie's)

one thing i do agree with is the fit for work

for us mid centurians can you not cast your minds back to Maggie Thatcher? 15% mortgage interest rates (not the present rates), the closing of the car industries across the uk, closure of the mines, selling off all the housing stock and not re-investing the money from that so now the housing stock cant cope with all our children needing affordable housing as getting on the house buying tree is out of reach for most now, labour/conservative if we want to see a change in this country dont flog an old horse they both haven't created a record of success. past replies mention the old cliche "look after your own first" our kids, medical, schools, immigration sounds very much BNP so have they actually hit a few chords that people are actually wanting put into practice.

final note shoot the tree huggers :yes:

i won't be voting labour or conservative.

i just hope that people who really want a change won't take the safe vote just so labour won't get back in.the thing that frighhtens me is if there's no hung parliment or some of the lesser partie's get close there will be no difference between labour or conserative's.they'll still lie,tax us and bleed us while letting all the rubbish from europe and the rest of the world flood in.

me personally if there was a party that

1,made all U.K businesses employ 80% british worker's

2,gave all people on income support 1 year while claiming,after that they would have to do community service for there money

3,the goverment should fund those on income support who want to get back to work but find it more beneficial to be out of work

4,cut all family allowance to 2 children(except for those who already have larger familie's)

one thing i do agree with is the fit for work

What needs to happen is enough people need to have the bottle to vote for a "fringe" party to make it an effective vote. Trouble is people are easily swayed by the "if you don't want another 5 years of labour then vote tory" but it's Bull shot.

For the points you've raised I can comfortably say that UKIP have the following policies - No benefits for anyone resident in the UK for less than 5 years, all the child benefits & taz credits get simplified and rolled into a flat payment of £38 per week per child up to a mximum of 3 children per family, anyone continually refusing to take up employment will have to work in the community to "earn" their benefits. They will put British people first every time. I know there are some on here who think they're a wasted vote but it really is time they gave themselves a reality check and stopped wasting their vote if they really want real change.

for us mid centurians can you not cast your minds back to Maggie Thatcher? 15% mortgage interest rates (not the present rates), the closing of the car industries across the uk, closure of the mines, selling off all the housing stock and not re-investing the money from that so now the housing stock cant cope with all our children needing affordable housing as getting on the house buying tree is out of reach for most now, labour/conservative if we want to see a change in this country dont flog an old horse they both haven't created a record of success. past replies mention the old cliche "look after your own first" our kids, medical, schools, immigration sounds very much BNP so have they actually hit a few chords that people are actually wanting put into practice.

final note shoot the tree huggers :good:

As I have posted many times before on here it was the Cons who started this country off to ruin, the old crow thatcher invented the benefit society to cover up the massive unemployment figures she created by destroying our manufacturing base and industrial heritage, Oh and mortgage rates peaked at 21.5%, nu Lab have since continued on the dismantling process of my heritage concentrating on my national identity this time and bankrupting my country and future generations in the process, by letting the bankers (spelt with a W) go unfettered and to effectively play poker with our money,and also allowing the free payment to economic migrants who have nothing to offer us other than the opportunity to provide accommodation and handouts ( in some cases obscene amounts) to those who have never through our social security system put one iota into it? try that in down town mecca.

So guess what neither the cons, or nu lab jock led control freaks will get my vote, and neither will the Libby left limp wristed libs, UKIP for me and if that means a hung parliament great it means we wont be subject to steam rolled laws and invidious ideals, and in all probability another election quite soon etc etc till the balance of power finally does change to one that represents me, IE a disillusioned alienated Englishman who is no longer allowed to say he is English or fly the flag proudly, let the jocks go there own way ( let them keep the oil revenue they get more back in subsidy from us by the way) let the welsh look after there own lives, but most of all close our damn gates.

KW