Camo clothing what do you think

For rabbits it isn't such a problem. I normally wear hat, gloves and jacket as camo.

When i'm in the hide i wear it head to toe. Face veil, jacket, gloves and trousers. Face is important in the hide, especially for crows and rooks!

You can pick it up relatively cheaply at army surplus stores. :good:

And yes it makes a lot of difference when decoying for me anyway.

yes it is important. anything which breaks up your shape will help. it dose not have to be top end reeltree just some cheap DPM will help break up the human shape which your quarry sees as a threat. i always where a face veil but lately it has been too hot from neoprene gloves so i need to buy some light camo gloves. i use danish m84 camo which is very good at breaking up your shape and blends in much better with hedges and fields than either DPM or APG.

yes it is important. anything which breaks up your shape will help. it dose not have to be top end reeltree just some cheap DPM will help break up the human shape which your quarry sees as a threat. i always where a face veil but lately it has been too hot from neoprene gloves so i need to buy some light camo gloves. i use danish m84 camo which is very good at breaking up your shape and blends in much better with hedges and fields than either DPM or APG.

Yes i agree cheaper camo does the job well enough

Depends what your shooting, if your decoying then a camo hide is useful. Something green with gloves and face veil, I bought all my stuff cheap on flea bay, the main thing that your target species will pick up on is movement and scent. Always make sure the wind is in the correct direction for stalking and a steady approach with many pauses to check the situation. I was mentored by a chap who has been shooting deer for many years and is a well respected deer stalker with 1000's of acres of land to shoot over. When I arrived in my camo outfit he nearly split his sides with laughter, he was wearing a pair of kaki work trousers, an old dpm army jacket, fingerless mits and a kaki green balaclava which looked like a family of ferrets had attacked it.

Apparently deer and rabbits sight is fine tuned for surround and lowlight vision, sacrificing high colour and depth of field perception to do so. The Americans hunt deer in hi vis jackets and manage to shoot a few. Expensive camo rustle free stalking deer is designed for walking around game fayres etc, field craft puts meat in the larder.

Yep...this Lad thinks so....seriously though,we do 'blend' in better, IMHO DPM works just as well, and is can be brought real cheap.

ATB

Tony

how is that gun floating on it`s own? :good:

al

:lol:

i use face veil etc to hide any white skin on me that shows,especially waiting for squirrels or woodies.

As said above it helps but it's not a substitute for good field craft. For instance, it's good for concealing you when you're against a hedge but if you don't concentrate as you approach and let yourself get skylined, no camo will stop the bunnies all running for cover.

I agree but what do you think of having trousers and a jacket.

I use a cap, mask, gloves and jacket. I do have trousers but rarely use them, only for roost shooting. If you are in a good hide you do not need a lot of camo. Movement is a big issue. With crows You have to be more carefull.

Edited by Pepe

You want old and cheap if you are going to be dragging through hedges or lying on your belly in muddy fields . I do think with some people there is a slight tendency towards dressing up in their action man outfits. There used to be some right plonkers at Bisley who had to have a quiet word whispered in their ears. Mind you , at bisley you see grown men walking around in cowboy hats, boots, and spurs!

i think that its really important that you cover the pink of your face whn shooting pigeons as, unlike rabbits, pigeons have excellent vision. they can see the white flashes of their buddies tucking into rapeseed 100's of yards away. so it shouldent be too had for them to spot a flash of pink.