Help finding insurance

Quite a few people are steering clear of BASC, as they dont seem to be very supportive in their legal dept.

I am not too happy with what I have also experienced and I will be joining another organisation who do seem to be supportive of shooting and the shooters rights.

http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.uk/join-the-ngo/

Just £30 will give you:

•Your voice for gamekeeping

•Four Keeping the Balance magazines per year

•Third party insurance* to £10 million

•Local educational and social activities

Our objectives:

•Representing gamekeeping

•Assisting gamekeepers

•Ensuring quality in gamekeeping

•Helping to defend field sports

Quite a few people are steering clear of BASC, as they dont seem to be very supportive in their legal dept.

I am not too happy with what I have also experienced and I will be joining another organisation who do seem to be supportive of shooting and the shooters rights.

http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.uk/join-the-ngo/

Just £30 will give you:

•Your voice for gamekeeping

•Four Keeping the Balance magazines per year

•Third party insurance* to £10 million

•Local educational and social activities

Our objectives:

•Representing gamekeeping

•Assisting gamekeepers

•Ensuring quality in gamekeeping

•Helping to defend field sports

is this who your with or who your going with mate??

cheers

Interestingly or not, aside from supporting BASC as the largest and best organised pro-shooting organisation, it was the little things that have been of benefit to me:

1. group discount for syndicate membership (as a group)

2. range days out (plus running the range certificiation course and stalkers test at the same gig)

3. the fact that the BASC shooting insurance covered wild boar in Croatia - at the time I checked all the other shooting organisations and none of their policies covered this.

4. firearms advice - obviously to get this advice you have to be a paid up member of BASC

5. a decent quarterly mag which is a brilliant bog read

6. DavidBASC - the man with the patience of a saint. It's worth joining BASC to chip in for his wages because **** me he earns them

Whenever anyone asks for advice, it is usually the BASC that is recommended due to their vast range of advice sheets etc. Have a look at all the options, see what they offer and how they are supporting shooting and make your own mind up. But rest assured, we need a proactive shooting organisation (and BASC is the one for me).

alrite lads just wondering if anyone can recommend any good shooting insurance ive looked at a couple but i'm new to all this and didnt even no you needed insurance :oops:

cheers

Have a look at the countryside Alliance as the support all things to do with the countryside and trying to overturn the hunting ban. Myself and all my mates are with them. :oops:

Interestingly or not, aside from supporting BASC as the largest and best organised pro-shooting organisation, it was the little things that have been of benefit to me:

1. group discount for syndicate membership (as a group)

2. range days out (plus running the range certificiation course and stalkers test at the same gig)

3. the fact that the BASC shooting insurance covered wild boar in Croatia - at the time I checked all the other shooting organisations and none of their policies covered this.

4. firearms advice - obviously to get this advice you have to be a paid up member of BASC

5. a decent quarterly mag which is a brilliant bog read

6. DavidBASC - the man with the patience of a saint. It's worth joining BASC to chip in for his wages because **** me he earns them

I couldnt have put it better myself !!!

BASC Every Time !

Whenever anyone asks for advice, it is usually the BASC that is recommended due to their vast range of advice sheets etc. Have a look at all the options, see what they offer and how they are supporting shooting and make your own mind up. But rest assured, we need a proactive shooting organisation (and BASC is the one for me).

I agree 100% and BASC is recognised by many landowners and could help in obtaining shoots- it has done for me

Les :oops:

Join BASC. Apart from insurance that is specifically tailored for shooting you are also buying into an association that has some political clout with all the major parties. The NGO has no political clout whatsoever and the CA only with the Tories.

In these hung parliamentary times this fact might be more important than you first think.