whatt are they? - competition time

Dave-G

use rawl-bolts that have a "bolt" instead of the stud and nut arrangement, then you only get the 13MM A/F bolt head ( For an M8 bolt ) and nice flat washer sticking out from the back of the cabinet, or, get a piece of 3X2 scant cut the same width as the inside of the cabinet, press over onto the studs to make a mark, drill the wood, counter-sink for the nuts, and push it over the studs, a couple more pieces of wood glued/screwed to this keeps the guns apart

Can u send me a Blue Peter badge ?

Thanks

Dave 66

:lol: I could'nt get to sleep trying to figure out an anagram of left field :*)

:lol: Nice one stuartp :lol:

:lol: Yip, I'd say it's unusual - and the idea was tongue in cheek to see how varied the suggestions were, and it would / has? become clearer as the clue's were posted :lol:

These rawlbolts were the only suitable size that B&Q had at the time, and each of the three fitted gun cabinets I have looked into to date all had loads of stud inside them.

Edited by Dave-G

:lol: BIGJON wins :lol:

:P Send me yer addy BIGJON for some filter material mate :lol:

My thinking is to remove the cabinet and put the pipes over the studs then sink them further into the wall - which also makes them more secure I reckon, the wall being about 10" thick including plaster on both sides

I thought it best to use ten of them because my partition walls are breeze block rather than the preferred concrete. The FEO and I felt the location of the gun had to be somewhere I wouldn’t disturb the rest of the household when I go or return from shooting (usually in the small hours) as this could lead to occasionally leaving it out till later / for later - which left only 1 suitable location.

:lol: Carpet tiles sound a good way to finish the job too :lol:

stuartp

"'Left Field' is an American expression for someone who is bit odd - no offence intended at all, it just that you last few posts seemed to make sense you, but no one else"

:lol: Well spotted, you've hit the nail right on the head mate - and in a pleasant manner too :lol:

I am slightly dyslexic - mostly leaving bits out altogher, rather than the more usual putting them in the wrong place

:lol:I usually know what I mean - but I cant always relate it to others :*)

:lol:Anyway - I have some good news for everyone :lol:

:P Another competion coming soon - same prize 'cos I got loads of this filter stuff - and it works a treat. If you have a variable brightness facility on your gun lamp you can just use the one layer and not use full brightness untill the shot is ready. At least 2 layers are needed for fixed brightness lamps to minimise the rabbits bolting before you get lined up comfortably

:lol: BIGJON wins :lol:

:lol: Send me yer addy BIGJON for some filter material mate :lol:

My thinking is to remove the cabinet and put the pipes over the studs then sink them further into the wall - which also makes them more secure I reckon, the wall being about 10" thick including plaster on both sides

I thought it best to use ten of them because my partition walls are breeze block rather than the preferred concrete. The FEO and I felt the location of the gun had to be somewhere I wouldn’t disturb the rest of the household when I go or return from shooting (usually in the small hours) as this could lead to occasionally leaving it out till later / for later - which left only 1 suitable location.

:P Carpet tiles sound a good way to finish the job too :lol:

Surely a hacksaw would be a much better approach :lol::lol: