gunman in newcastle

cap1len

hi

listening to radio newcastle this morning they were talking to the MP for Birtley and asked him about guns he said that the law would have to be looked at to reduce the number of guns out on the street. although he did concede that as their were a lot of farms around the area guns are a neccessary part of farming. he seems to have failed to grasp that the idiot who has just been released from jail did not legally obtain the shotgun he is using.

The MP in my opinion has no idea about shooting at all but is trying to say what he thinks the people want to hear.

After the dust has blown over will be the ideal opportunity to approach the said uneducated MP and invite him to a clay shoot. Make sure the ground is 100% safe, and educate him. This tends to convert them to learn and accept that legal guns are not dangerous. Good luck and i hope the idiot is captured soon with no further loss of life.from Auntie

hi

listening to radio newcastle this morning they were talking to the MP for Birtley and asked him about guns he said that the law would have to be looked at to reduce the number of guns out on the street. although he did concede that as their were a lot of farms around the area guns are a neccessary part of farming. he seems to have failed to grasp that the idiot who has just been released from jail did not legally obtain the shotgun he is using.

The MP in my opinion has no idea about shooting at all but is trying to say what he thinks the people want to hear.

Are'nt all Politicians guilty of that to be honest?

Les :drinks:

the only iffy thing is in this case is if it used to be a legally held gun and was stolen. that opens the door for questions but if it is simply an illegal firearm then nothing they can really say about legitimate guns. Fingers crossed they get him and hopefully it is just a shotgun as then they can take him out at a safe range

the only iffy thing is in this case is if it used to be a legally held gun and was stolen. that opens the door for questions but if it is simply an illegal firearm then nothing they can really say about legitimate guns. Fingers crossed they get him and hopefully it is just a shotgun as then they can take him out at a safe range

I've heard on the local grapevine <reaches for a small amount of salt> that it is a sawn-off shotgun he's got so its pretty unlikely its a stolen legal firearm. Personally i hope they take him alive, not for any feelings regarding him, just to ensure that media attention is kept on him and not the gun :blink:

Imho if ryan and hamilton hadn't taken the cowards way out, self-loaders and handguns would not have been prohibited.

Mark

so he couldn't have taken a grinder or a hacksaw to it?

if its a shotty odds are its either been legal or its an old one that never got put on a ticket of which there are a lot still lying about. I know of a surprising number owned by farmers who don't really know what to do with them

Definitely a possibility but as he only got released from prison on the Thursday and he committed the first shooting on Saturday it didn't really give him a lot of time to rob someone, find a workshop/steal or loan the tools required and do the work. :blink: Imo the more likely scenario he got it from a 'local character' as the the Police often refer to them who he either already knew could supply him or a contact he made while palling up with Newcastle's criminal underground during his bouncing days.

Mark

exactly but one of them aquired it from somewhere, there isn't much call for importing shotguns for illegal use when handguns are so much easier to use. Hopefully they have him holed up in the area they are searching and it'll be over soon. One things for sure must be a little off putting to be an unarmed officer up there at the moment.

Edited by al4x

the only thing this has is that at least you can understand just about where he is coming from rather than the cumbria shootings. I was amazed the letter he wrote to police was 49 pages long that is one hell of a grudge against them!

Edited by al4x

the only thing this has is that at least you can understand just about where he is coming from rather than the cumbria shootings. I was amazed the letter he wrote to police was 49 pages long that is one hell of a grudge against them!

tell your lass to stand still as I can't read your post without looking at her b**bs :blink:

what makes it worse is the police were warned by a fellow inmate on his release that he was going for revenge they could have watched what he was up to prior to the shootings

An inmate making threats prior to getting released- if the police followed up every lag doing that then the force would have to number about 40,000 - it's no one else's fault other than the moron going around doing the shootings - I hope he takes one in the cranium - he might be some use to his young daughter then due to the compo payout the mother will be encouraged to make against the Chief Contable of Northumbria for shooting the toe rag dead.

What is the deal with the 2 hostages?Why are they being charged with conspiracy to commit murder?Did anyone else read about him taking half the powder out his cartridges that he shot his ex with so as to just maim her and give her a good compensation pay out?I should imagine being his cellmate was fun :blink:

thats the kind of subject you could make a good film from NB :blink:

Fingers crossed they get him in a position where a sniper can do the work before he injures or kills anyone else. Guess it means not many people are out lamping in Northumberland recently :good:

Definitely a possibility but as he only got released from prison on the Thursday and he committed the first shooting on Saturday it didn't really give him a lot of time to rob someone, find a workshop/steal or loan the tools required and do the work. :good: Imo the more likely scenario he got it from a 'local character' as the the Police often refer to them who he either already knew could supply him or a contact he made while palling up with Newcastle's criminal underground during his bouncing days.

Mark

Is he known locally for being a bit of a handfull?

I did see on the news the letter he sent to some balliffs trying to collect some fine owed to the DVLA, and I have to say he seemed pretty dangerous if only it was in the form of a written letter.

what makes it worse is the police were warned by a fellow inmate on his release that he was going for revenge they could have watched what he was up to prior to the shootings

Why are they releasing people half way through a sentence if they are threatening these things?