Finally a RED letter day

turk101

Hi all have'nt been posting on here for a while now, Theres too much politics and bullies on the site. (****** me off)

Well anyway as the title says finally had a real RED letter day and a personal best ever.

Started the morning about 7am got to a field of rape stubble that i had briefly shot and watched flight lines etc a couple of days previous. Drove the jeep round to a big oak tree, stopped about 30 yards out and emptied all the gear of hide, decoys carts and FOOD :hmm:

set up the hide and got the deeks ready, which I was gonna put out when I got back from parking the jeep up. Well got in the jeep and the bloody thing would'nt start out of all places and all days *****R. Anyway cut a long story short made a few phone calls one to a shooting buddie who was shooting about 8 miles away, he said he would ring a couple of the boys who worked on the farm see if they could help, Help would be on it's way but not for an hour or so!!! :oops:

I decided that whilst I waited I may as well take a chance setting up just the deeks across the field away from the jeep wind was in my face in I was sitting in a ditch. Two minutes past and a crow suddenly appeared from behind me high over the top of another big oak tree even with the wind blowing him I managed to drop him with 1 shot. :good: me thinks.

5 minutes later 1 of his friends decide to join him a mistake on his behalf needed 2 shots for him and he dropped a long way out, so had to bring him in closer. Shot 1 more crow and a woodie. I recieved a call from the farmer asking my location and he said he would be 5 minutes so picked the birds and the deeks and went across the field.

I apologised to the farmer for my embarassing moment, he said no probs and towed me which got it started. Parked the jeep up and got ready.

Put out 10 sillos and 2 full bodied + the dead bird and the 3 crows way out to theright. Within minutes the birds where decoying superbly from all angles mainly from the left behind the oak tree the swerving straight in to the decoys, even with the wind from behind me some of the shots were really testing as they came with the wind before turning in.

This continued regular and by about midday my mate turned up to share the shooting, we extended the hide and had a clear up I had shot 32 birds including the crows up till now. We shared the shooting and it continued, counting the birds that I was shooting as I had a real good feeling about this day!

My mate got a call from the farmer as there was a lot of crows on some peas, so he had to leave.

I continued shooting and was really enjoying myself had a lot of doubles and missed a fair few too.

Around 1.30 it had slowed down a little it was still fairly constant but not as frantic, I think the longest lull was about 1/2 hour. I remember being on 97 around 3.30 and thinking I'm never gonna get to 100 as that horrible thought goes through your head ;) anyway I did finally hit the 100 and when i was on 116 my mate turned up again and we shared the shooting again all in all a great day I shot about 155 but only picked up 138, plus my mate shot 10-20 so we lost a lot of birds that carried the shot.

Sorry for rambling but the excitement was amazing it was like being a little kid again :oops:

turk

post-65-1280763969.jpg

post-65-1280764144.jpg

post-65-1280764458.jpg

post-65-1280764788.jpg

Very good shooting mate. And your spot on about the politics an bullies. But i must say IMHO there are a lots of good helpfull members on here to.

AGREED

A good report on a great day, congratulations, also good to see you posting again. :good:

We can't read every single post and thread, so if anyone has problems with "politics" (easily ignored) or "bullies", just report it to a Moderator, we will deal with it if necessary.

Thanks cranners, TBH I'm not easily bullied lol, so that don't bother me, It's just to many always know better and pick on others for the most stupid things. I would have no friends at all if i took notice of it all lool

but thanks again

Superb :good:

I dream of a day like that :hmm:

So did i till this day loool

Thanks to everyone for the comments and shall post when i can.

Turk