North V South Rifle Shoot?

Frenchieboy

OK Guys, from what I have read the North V South Clay Shoot went very well and as well as being a great get together it raised some money for charity. What would be the chance of setting up a Shooting Competition for us "RifleMen" on a similar line to the one for clays. If it is possible to set something like this up I am sure that it would be very well supported, you never know, I might be able to get there myself!

Any thoughts anyone? :good:

You need a range cert to shot there and not everyone has them, + Northerners would probably get sun burn if they came that far South.

You could do it at 100 yards only at Minsterley, that is sort of central'ish

100 yards? ? ? ? ? ?

I thought you wanted a competition?

good idea, but surely youd run into problems with people screaming its not fair unless you seperated it out into classes, ie someone with an old 10/22 up against someone with a target rifle, or someone using factory loads vs someone with home loads :good:

Most certainly so Ozzie mate! But would we have to subdivide each class up into "Lager Drinkers" (For the Southerners) "Bitter Drinkers" (For the Northerners) and "Vodka Drinkers" (For Ozzie Fudd)? He, he, he, he!

On a serious note, I realise that setting up this sort of thing would be a logistical nightmare but you have to admit that if it were possible it would make for a really great week-end and some "Interesting" shooting, especially for those few members that always appear to want to fault or question members who put posts up about how well they can shoot (Sorting the "Real Shooters" out from the "Pipe Dream Shooters" you might say)!

The last sentence is not pointed at anyone in particular but I have my tin hat ready just in case!

Edited by Frenchieboy

You need a range cert to shot there and not everyone has them, + Northerners would probably get sun burn if they came that far South.

You could do it at 100 yards only at Minsterley, that is sort of central'ish

100 yards?:yes:??? Is that the best that Southerners can manage? Northerners can do that with a catapult made with the wifes knicker elastic!!!!!!!!!! :good::beer::P:P:oops::shoot:

100 yards?:P??? Is that the best that Southerners can manage? Northerners can do that with a catapult made with the wifes knicker elastic!!!!!!!!!! :shoot::oops::P:P:yes::beer:

Absolutely bring it on,

1000 yards should be a great leveller, after all most could use a .17 HMR :good:

No that is the length of the rifle range at Minsterley (which is up North) :good:

And it would have to be t'up north as it would take you northerners so long to get anywhere south of watford on your pony and trap or trade bike.

Proberbly the only fair way to organise a comp would be a freestyle shoot over say 300 yards ,600 yards , and a 1000 yards . That would sort the men out from the boys . But then I dont know , several on here shoot deer at these ranges . I think you will then see the how the .308 can do the business .

Harnser .

Proberbly the only fair way to organise a comp would be a freestyle shoot over say 300 yards ,600 yards , and a 1000 yards . That would sort the men out from the boys . But then I dont know , several on here shoot deer at these ranges . I think you will then see the how the .308 can do the business .

Harnser .

that would give smallbore shooters on here no chance. 3 classes, make the centerfire stuff smaller targets to mimic distance. The team that wins 2 classes wins the comp. Practice for the mornin,comp in the afternoon. Besides I know of no private range longer than 200 yards. Edited by the running man

Most certainly so Ozzie mate! But would we have to subdivide each class up into "Lager Drinkers" (For the Southerners) "Bitter Drinkers" (For the Northerners) and "Vodka Drinkers" (For Ozzie Fudd)? He, he, he, he!

On a serious note, I realise that setting up this sort of thing would be a logistical nightmare but you have to admit that if it were possible it would make for a really great week-end and some "Interesting" shooting, especially for those few members that always appear to want to fault or question members who put posts up about how well they can shoot (Sorting the "Real Shooters" out from the "Pipe Dream Shooters" you might say)!

The last sentence is not pointed at anyone in particular but I have my tin hat ready just in case!

na mate, simplify it, two classes, those that "can drink" and then those that "cant drink", very simple to sort out - all the northern irish lads would be in the 1st team and everyone else would be in the second :oops::shoot:

i like nicks idea - Rimfire - 100 yards, .22CF - 200/300 yards, Fullbore 600/1000? - though i think hmrs would have an unfair advantage over 22lr's; one idea (just to toally mess it up...) would be to have 3 different targets to shoot, one after the other, without re-zeroing; ie for rimfire one at 50 yards, one at 75, one at 100 :good::beer:

na mate, simplify it, two classes, those that "can drink" and then those that "cant drink", very simple to sort out - all the northern irish lads would be in the 1st team and everyone else would be in the second :P:beer:

i like nicks idea - Rimfire - 100 yards, .22CF - 200/300 yards, Fullbore 600/1000? - though i think hmrs would have an unfair advantage over 22lr's; one idea (just to toally mess it up...) would be to have 3 different targets to shoot, one after the other, without re-zeroing; ie for rimfire one at 50 yards, one at 75, one at 100 :shoot::oops:

I'm in for the drinking group :yes: . Seriously though who's team would we be in? I certainly hope it would be North as I don't want to be in the puncy southern team :good:

we could get an extra big sized deer target for you to help get the 308 on the paper Harnser :good:

My .308 is on a one inch square piece of paper at 100 yards . With that zero I am sure I can reach out to 600 yards without clicking the scope and 1000 yards with minimal turning of the wheels .

Harnser .

My .308 is on a one inch square piece of paper at 100 yards . With that zero I am sure I can reach out to 600 yards without clicking the scope and 1000 yards with minimal turning of the wheels .

Harnser .

Ah, yes, but is that using ammunition found in a secret underground WWII bunker? :good::shoot::beer: