Cheap Hide Poles - Very good though!

Nelly T

Went into my local Scats store for dog food the other day and stumbled across there plastic electric fence posts, they come in two heights (1m and 1.5m) have a foot plate and 6" metal spike, a pack of 5 is £10!!

They are light and make perfect hide poles. Tested them last weekend, better then my metal telescopic ones as you can fix the hide not just at the top but on the fixing used for the wires all the way down to the bottom.

Done a quick search on google if you dont have a SCATS nearby "plastic electric fence posts"

Hi Nelly,

Unfortunately i do not have a SCATS store near me, is there any manufacturers details on the poles or packaging or are they made by Scats themselves. Details would be great then i can try and find them near me online.

Thanks

Hi Nelly,

Unfortunately i do not have a SCATS store near me, is there any manufacturers details on the poles or packaging or are they made by Scats themselves. Details would be great then i can try and find them near me online.

Thanks

Any farm supply store sells them, have a search on line for long electric fence posts. Price sounds good though.

I''ve been using them for a while. If you set them so as to take up the slack i.e so they bend a little, they are very stable in the wind. I have the 1.5m type. That's the minimum you'll need.

Search online for 'Electric Horse Fencing' and you'll find companies who deliver.

Hi Nelly,

Thanks

Edited the original post with some links to other suppliers.

Thanks for the idea. found a shop that sells them right on my doorstep. £3 each. not as good a deal as yourself but im not complaining. in white thou. will have to tart them up a bit..

I'd leave them as they are - pigeons won't take any notice.

• 2 weeks later...
I seen a video of Digweed shooting pigeons and he says you simply cant shoot pigeons sitting down, he uses a high net and stands up, maybe i should get higher poles and two nets and do the thing right?:hmm: Afterall he probably knows a thing or two.

Or do what normal people do:

Sit down behind the net and then STAND UP to shoot the pigeons. If the net is above your head height whilst sitting then it isn't an issue.

• 2 weeks later...