Just Cartridges CSP Competition

Hi,

Yes have tried them and they were ok, but they were made by Lyalvale Express when I had a few.

As they now say they contain Diamond shot they must have very recently changed to Gamebore so they will not be the same.

Different powders for a start.

Sorry that was not to much help.

If it was me I would go for the Gamebore Kent Velocity - fair price and good quality.

Edited by b682

"... fast enough for trap..."??

its one of the slower clay disciplines: a consistent , reliable pattern with minimum shooter wear n tear over 100 straight could be preferable to thors hammer on warp factor ...

yeah but when u got a slow shooter u need a faster cart to catch up :yes::):lol:

was thinking of all trap disciplines m8 not just DTL :good:

Edited by jinxy72

• 1 year later...

I have used CPS and numerous other makes and I can say to you what my former shooting coach said to me on the topic of cartridges:

"The modern cartridge (whatever it is) is better than the man behind it".

You do not miss your bird because of the cartridge, you miss it because "YOU" miss it! Consider this, George Digweed recently broke a clay at 80 years with Gamebore Whitegold. He then used Black Gold No. 5 shoot and break clays out to 130 yards. This proves the ability of the modern cartridge far exceeeds the ability of most men. In this case it was Gamebore but that is because Gamebore sponsor George - it could have been any of a number of cartridges!

With regard to Just Cartridges and CPS, John Bull the owner is an expert on ballistics and if he can source the best from the best it matters not if its Express or Gamebore. Remember even the manufacturer’s source their shot and powder abroad! Even Ely is owned by a Spanish Group! If you read the components of CPS you will find they are all topknot:

TECHNO BABBLE

28gm plastic wad in shot sizes 7½, 8 & 9

28gm fibre wad in shot sizes 6½, 7½ & 8

Muzzle Velocity: 1,450 fps

Antimony Content: 4%

Diamond Shot

Propellant: Baschieri & Pellagri flake

Primer: Cheddite CX1000

Distinctive 70mm translucent purple case with 6 star crimp and 16mm head

I have used CPS and numerous other makes and I can say to you what my former shooting coach said to me on the topic of cartridges:

You do not miss your bird because of the cartridge, you miss it because "YOU" miss it! Consider this, George Digweed recently broke a clay at 80 years with Gamebore Whitegold. He then used Black Gold No. 5 shoot and break clays out to 130 yards. This proves the ability of the modern cartridge far exceeeds the ability of most men. In this case it was Gamebore but that is because Gamebore sponsor George - it could have been any of a number of cartridges!

With regard to Just Cartridges and CPS, John Bull the owner is an expert on ballistics and if he can source the best from the best it matters not if its Express or Gamebore. Remember even the manufacturer’s source their shot and powder abroad! Even Ely is owned by a Spanish Group! If you read the components of CPS you will find they are all topknot:

TECHNO BABBLE

Diamond Shot

is he that old 80 years :hmm::hmm:

TECHNO BABBLE

Diamond Shot

All us re loaders no that the cx 2000 are better so you can keep them :P:good:

Ive shot about three thou of the 6.5 fibre for pigeons and general deeking through my semi in 1/2 choke I find they pattern brilliant and give dead in the air most of the time some long birds too (40yrds). I shall stick with them till something cheaper comes along