Spelling and Grammar

Albertan_J

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking around on here it's obvious to see what text messaging has done to us all. Sometimes I have to resist the urge to correct peoples spelling mistakes! Totally pointless topic but I needed to get that off my chest.

Totally agree :blink:

People will always make the odd mistake here and there. We're not perfect.

What really gets me is the lack of any punctuation in some posts, making them almost incomprehensible.

I don't bother reading posts I can't understand.

I unfortunately suffer with dyslexia and the thought of someone on here pointing out the odd spelling mistake would not help me at all. i find it hard enough to reply to posts on here without some smart **** telling me ive made a mistake. :blink: :lol:

I too suffer with dyslexia I konow my spelling and grammer are some what lacking shall we say,not sure I would appreciate or find it helpfull being told so either .However I text all the time and cant understand nore stand the text lingo!!!!

atb Jim

What really gets me is the lack of any punctuation in some posts, making them almost incomprehensible.

Must be nice to be perfect.Thanks for that I feel so much better now

atb Jim

It's a bit like spoken communication; as long as the communication is understood it's not really a problem to me. For instance a friend of mine often says worst when the correct word is actually worse - I know what he means so why should I correct him?

What really makes me chuckle is when heated debates degenerate into someone getting pedantic about spelling and / or grammar. When folks resort to that then they really have lost the argument in my opinion :blink:

I do agree though that complete lack of grammar and punctuation makes some posts unreadable.

Looking around on here it's obvious to see what text messaging has done to us all. Sometimes I have to resist the urge to correct peoples spelling mistakes! Totally pointless topic but I needed to get that off my chest.

A friend of mine used to correct my spelling mistakes when i used to write to him when he was is in Prison!

So i added a few more mistakes just to give him somthing to do..................... :blink: :lol:

Don't worry about the lack of punctuation. Others make up for it with extras.

I too suffer with dyslexia I konow my spelling and grammer are some what lacking shall we say,not sure I would appreciate or find it helpfull being told so either .However I text all the time and cant understand nore stand the text lingo!!!!

atb Jim

:lol:

What ever people write can they just please please remeber; if they were speaking what they had typed out loud, stick a full stop in roundabouts where they have needed to take a breath! 33 lines of continious, un-broken typing is very hard to understand, even if it makes perfect sense as you type it!

I have problems with my written English... when i was a young lad , they intoducesd ITA (I think thats right) where you spelt words as they sounded,

they scrapped the idea.. but for me it was to late...I will be forever thick when it comes to spelling

Apart from that i am very happy and have a lot of work :blink:

jasp

I don't so much mind the spelling mistakes and grammar if I'm honest, as I'm not that great at either, it's text speak I can't stand.

In my eyes it's just lazy? Fair enough if your using a mobile phone, you have limited space (sometimes credit) and can shorten words, although I don't personally do it. But sitting in front of a computer with this big white box full of space and a keyboard I just doesn't make sense to me.

Scott