The French

pavman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive got to agree that this thread has been a comic masterpiece.

Personally i think that the french have been one of our best enemies for last 1000 years and should be treated as such.

ajincourt, crecy, the peninsular wars & waterloo would have all not been possible without the french!

The ancestor of the President of the Village Cricket Club I played for for many years was a English Knight at the battle of Potiers. Sir Mills Hicks - Beech he captured three French standards at the battle even though he joined it late and was awarded three Fleur des Lys to wear on his heraldic coat of Arms. The family motto is Tout En Bon Heure which is very apt because it means all in good time. The family arms forms the badge of the Club to this day which is again very apt becuase not very many of us used to get to the matches on time.

There would be all sorts of technical problems with borrowing a French aircraft carrier, the main one being that the steering wheel would be on the wrong side.

In an ideal world the British would be the police, the Germans the engineers and the French the cooks.

Sadly, we are fast moving towards a world in which the Germans are the Police, the French the engineers and the British the cooks.

There would be all sorts of technical problems with borrowing a French aircraft carrier, the main one being that the steering wheel would be on the wrong side.

In an ideal world the British would be the police, the Germans the engineers and the French the cooks.

Sadly, we are fast moving towards a world in which the Germans are the Police, the French the engineers and the British the cooks.

Class. It is and will probably remain the post of the year.

Not only that, bit if our armoured regts have to use French Tanks then they'll need training on how to operate the 15 reverse and 1 forward gears.

i notice the distinct lack of p**s taking towards the Germans,

is that because they WILL come and kick your door in, smack your country about a bit and not really give a damn? or are we still avin a go at rene?

Having lived in Germany I can say that it is because it has become a country of hippies who will come to your door, ask you to join a focus group and then cry about the world today whilst apologising for the war.

they were just turning like that when i left, its like the brit gov apologizing for the slave trade 200 years ago, civilization, hah!!!!!

Why can't we just say what we like? its offensive?? so what! get over it, if someone smacked me one then i would have something to say, but a few "unkind " words? who gives a ****

Disagree if I may having been to France a few times I found nothing in their food to rant about, sitting outside on the pavement table cramped in whilst everyone smokes and buses stop and blow exhaust fumes all over you is hardly a romantic setting for a posh night out. They take too long to serve you and think that’s trendy then charge you 3 times what the food is worth. then if you take a night cap in one of the bars on the Champs-Elysees its a similar story £9 for a Vodka Tonic :good: you can poke it in mesdames et messieurs garlic tainted curly snail entrance