First fox last night

20alex09

I decided to brave the wind and rain last night and go out after my first fox. I arrived at the farm around 10pm, it was quite foggy and the range of the blitz 240 was cut down to around 100 yards. After about half an hour at the farm the fog started to clear. Scanning across a field I picked up a pair of eyes, I extended my Harris bipod out to full length to take a sitting shot. I located the eyes and cranked the zoom up to confirm that it was a fox, but I couldnt take the shot because like an idiot I hadnt fitted my lens covers to my scope and there was a lot of water on the lens. Managing to wipe the lens with the inside of my sleeve, I then couldnt locate the fox although a quick squeak on the back of my hand revealed her position, I chambered a round, steadied myself and sent the 55 SP on its way. Instantly I watched the fox fold up through the scope. We located the fox to find that it was a vixen in good condition apart from the perfectly placed boiler room shot :good:. Sorry about the photo quality they were taken off a phone. Forgot to add big thanks to steve_b_wales for mentoring me with this rifle.

post-16291-1288870327.jpg

post-16291-1288870336.jpg

post-16291-1288870346.jpg

Edited by 20alex09

Well done mate, let's hope it's just the first of many for you. She will remain in your memory for quite a while!

I will also say "Well done to Steve for the help he gave you, he obviously taught you well). :hmm::hmm::stupid:

That is the good thing about this forum, most members are only too happy to try to help others out!