air rifle fac-12ftlb

deejay

I am looking for an air rifle that I can use for fac ,but also a one that can be turned down to below 12ftlbs so my son can also use .............is there such a rifle I understand that it will be fac air-rifle but if its firing under 12 ftlbs and my son gets stopped with it then cant see the problem .Just wanting to save having two air-rifles .

Regards Darren

You are asking from trouble fella . Have you evan got FAC if you have you will no the law you can not lend sec 1 firearm .

There are rifles about ie rapid 7 that you can wind up and down power levals but you need fac for that and land . AND there no way on god earth i wood give my kid a sec 1 rifle evan air to go out with on his own .

1ST thing he will do is wind it up then your in a world of ****

Edited by swiss.tony

You are asking from trouble fella . Have you evan got FAC if you have you will no the law you can not lend sec 1 firearm .

There are rifles about ie rapid 7 that you can wind up and down power levals but you need fac for that and land . AND there no way on god earth i wood give my kid a sec 1 rifle evan air to go out with on his own .

1ST thing he will do is wind it up then your in a world of ****

Thats fair enough thats basically all I wanted to know ,

So two rifles it is then :hmm:

Aside from all that, you can't change a gun from unlicenced to S1 or vice versa without having a RFD do the work and sign it onto your ticket.

Same with S/A shotguns. An RFD must increase the magazine capacity and this can't be done by the gun owner.

Billy, where did you come by this information, that is not correct nationally, if you have a 12 ft lb rifle and obtain the correct paperwork there is NOTHING to stop you buying the bits and doing the work yourself and then simply advise your region it is now FAC...I DID IT on my Falcon!!! :hmm:

Same with a semi to FAC.

Once a FAC, Always a FAC, there are suggestions from some on this site that FAC tools can be downgraded, it's news to me and they cannot in my region! If "yours" allows this it is simply another regional variation!

If you are at odds with my comments and your region has a "policy", then this is simply another area where the firearms laws need reviewing and national equal implementation.

ATB!

Billy, where did you come by this information, that is not correct nationally, if you have a 12 ft lb rifle and obtain the correct paperwork there is NOTHING to stop you buying the bits and doing the work yourself and then simply advise your region it is now FAC...I DID IT on my Falcon!!! :hmm:

Same with a semi to FAC.

Once a FAC, Always a FAC, there are suggestions from some on this site that FAC tools can be downgraded, it's news to me and they cannot in my region! If "yours" allows this it is simply another regional variation!

If you are at odds with my comments and your region has a "policy", then this is simply another area where the firearms laws need reviewing and national equal implementation.

ATB!

Sorry, I knew it was one, both or the other. So I take back the bit about unlicenced to S1.

Once the Air Rifle has been registered as a fire arm with the local Constabulary and the registration number has been recorded it will always be classed as a fire arm irrespective of the Muzzle Energy it operates at.

Most air weapons can be adapted by the owner to operate in excess of the 12 ft lb maximum but if they are used as such they are classed as firearms.

Air Arms S410 Xtra is an air gun you can turn up to 30ftlb and down to 6ftlb (or some thing like that) But your son will not be able to use it unless he had a firearms cert.

According to Derbyshire firearms department you can share a S1 firearm. it just has to be on both licences.

Kipper :good:

Once the Air Rifle has been registered as a fire arm with the local Constabulary and the registration number has been recorded it will always be classed as a fire arm irrespective of the Muzzle Energy it operates at.

Most air weapons can be adapted by the owner to operate in excess of the 12 ft lb maximum but if they are used as such they are classed as firearms.

There are a number of area's that will allow an fac air to be reclassified back to sub 12 if the work is done by a gunsmith who certifies it, not all will however but it is not a once fac always fac across the board, also my area will only allow upgrading to fac to be entered on ticket by an rfd so its £20 a pop for that but worth it for less hassle.

KW

Air Arms S410 Xtra is an air gun you can turn up to 30ftlb and down to 6ftlb (or some thing like that) But your son will not be able to use it unless he had a firearms cert.

According to Derbyshire firearms department you can share a S1 firearm. it just has to be on both licences.

Kipper :good:

I agree with these Totaly

Watch your self with FAC rifles , the Police Will come down on you like a Ton of bricks if you cross them on firearms

Let me play devils advocate for a while.If i were to own a ,say, HW80 that was FAC rated and registered as such but had no numbers on it-if i then popped the uk spring in it (takes about 10 minutes) and then lent it to my son-who would know?-Not a suggestion by any means i,m just sitting here pondering.... :good:

There are a number of area's that will allow an fac air to be reclassified back to sub 12 if the work is done by a gunsmith who certifies it, not all will however but it is not a once fac always fac across the board, also my area will only allow upgrading to fac to be entered on ticket by an rfd so its £20 a pop for that but worth it for less hassle.

KW

Sorry Kub I believe once the weapon has been registered as a FAC it can only be decommissioned and not reclassified.

or at least thats what Ive been told by the Home Office.

Let me play devils advocate for a while.If i were to own a ,say, HW80 that was FAC rated and registered as such but had no numbers on it-if i then popped the uk spring in it (takes about 10 minutes) and then lent it to my son-who would know?-Not a suggestion by any means i,m just sitting here pondering.... :good:

I think you will find that all FAC rated air rifles possessed in the UK have to have serial numbers on them.

<!--quoteo(post=1229614:date=Nov 7 2010, 09:54 PM:name=kdubya)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kdubya @ Nov 7 2010, 09:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1229614"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There are a number of area's that will allow an fac air to be reclassified back to sub 12 if the work is done by a gunsmith who certifies it, not all will however but it is not a once fac always fac across the board, also my area will only allow upgrading to fac to be entered on ticket by an rfd so its £20 a pop for that but worth it for less hassle.

KW<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry Kub I believe once the weapon has been registered as a FAC it can only be decommissioned and not reclassified.

or at least thats what Ive been told by the Home Office.

nope your wrong SOME area's will GM for starters ask about on any airgun site

here is an example http://www.guntrader.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11799

cheers KW

Quote from......MT Barrel

YES HE WOULD M8 The first thing he would do after getting out on his own would be to WIND it up.......

Think before you speak man.

Hmmm I didnt know you had met my son and I also didnt know that you had come to the conclusion (all your your own so it seems too.) that he is of the poor breed of little wasters .This I believe is not the case for my son ,I have without the need to defend him or myself total trust in my son and what HE does and what I ask of him ,and if it was legal for fac to be used in this way I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM TRUSTING HIM WITH IT .So unless you know of my family and especially my son then I would request that you keep your thoughts about my son to yourself and believe what you maybe using is slander .YOUR OPPINIONS I WILL ACCEPT.IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE IT IS YOU WHO NEEDS TO THINK BEFORE TYPING .

Regards Darren

Edited by mtbarrel

Look, I understand myself once a firearm always a firearm, but there are suggestions on forums that some regions will reduce back to non FAC... this meaningless post on another forum does not settle the arguement at all, who did he check with? And I know for a fact my region WILL NOT drop a FAC air rifle back to non FAC, perhaps they just can't be *****, if yours does then great, anyone got any SPECIFIC examples rather than just talk?

Just checked up on this and this is the answer I got-

“It's always a firearm, regardless of what the power level is, you have to

stop it from being a "lethal-barrelled weapon" for it not to be a firearm.

Section 1(4) of the Firearms Act 1968 says that you don't need a firearm

certificate for a firearm that is an air weapon provided it is not classed

by the Secretary of State as "specially dangerous", which in the case of an

air rifle means an ME of more than 12 ft/lb (Under the Firearms (Dangerous

Air Weapons) Rules 1969). But all the age limits and so on still apply

regardless.”

”If you drop the power level to less than 12ft/lb, then you don't need an

FAC for it anymore, but you need to get rid of any parts you have that can

be used to make it more powerful, as the parts themselves are subject to

FAC control. You also need to notify the police to have them take it off

your FAC”.

come on lads all friends here keep the personal opinions to yaself and stick to the question that has been asked .

i recommend 2 rifles m8 and depends wat you want to do if ya just after bunnys it only in theory takes 3ft/lb pressure to kill a rabbit so a 11ft/lb airgun would be more than adequate for most other small legal quarry facs tend to be a touchy subject due to firearms laws being strict and from what i been told you gotta have a fair bit of land to get fac .however like i said depends wat your after in the field .

on a different note i do hate how young people/adults(under 25) all get tarred with the same brush one example driving they assume all yound drivers are bad drivers and so on. i know its off topic but felt it needed to be said.

regards jimmy

X2!!

I'm 40 years old and I have trouble behaving myself.... :lol:

When I was that age if I had a rifle at 12ftlbs but could be turned up to say 30ftlbs I'm afraid temptation would have got the better of me and I would have turned it up even just for one or two shots just see the power difference. Just being honest. Having said that 30 years ago things weren't as strict, could get an air rifle from the catalogue amongst other places. :yes:

When I was that age if I had a rifle at 12ftlbs but could be turned up to say 30ftlbs I'm afraid temptation would have got the better of me and I would have turned it up even just for one or two shots just see the power difference. Just being honest. Having said that 30 years ago things weren't as strict, could get an air rifle from the catalogue amongst other places. :yes:

ME too!

I'm 37 and I'd still be tempted given those circumstances now :look:

If you're in the middle of a 250 acre field and you want to see the dirrenece between 12 and 30 fpe...whose to know lol!

Having said that, benefit of the doubt and all that! Some lads are squeaky clean or just plain sensible! It happens! :yes: