red letter day on the cod

docholiday

What can I say after a great day on the pheasants yesterday it was off with my regular fishing partner for a day on the cod. Forecast was ok 15 miles NNE so of we went at 7.30, 1 mile south of the needles first drop and Rob had this cod on board in 15 mins, 18lbs

post-14225-0-32607600-1290365524.jpg

I was ready to go home fully satisfied in the next hour Rob caught two congers, biggest 35lbs and another Cod

post-14225-0-03863900-1290365419.jpg

all I caught was a few whitting

post-14225-0-15346300-1290365467.jpg

Then as the tide picked up all went quiet, had cups of tea ate our sandwiches but nothing happened, at about 2.30pm suddenly it was my turn, I had two cod an undulate ray 14lbs, and a conger in an hour then it was quiet again.

post-14225-0-32582500-1290365393.jpg

post-14225-0-32769400-1290365500.jpg

so as the wind was now gusting 20 knots we decieded enough was enough and home we came, the big man upstairs even blessed this day with a glorious sunset

post-14225-0-91824000-1290365436.jpg

Dont know what I have done to deserve such a weekend but made a promise to be nice to all my patients and will have a silly smile on my face for the rest of the week

post-14225-0-66677200-1290365454.jpg

doc

Well done Doc :good::good: cracking trip,if the photos are anything to go by :good:

Thought you might have come along to the Hampshire clay meet today,it was a cracking day,hope you can make the next one mate :good::good: BB

Cant believe your sat outside in your pink pyjamas,this time of year mate :lol::lol::lol: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

Well done Doc :good::good: cracking trip,if the photos are anything to go by :good:

Thought you might have come along to the Hampshire clay meet today,it was a cracking day,hope you can make the next one mate :good::good: BB

was planning on it but when the weather gods smiles I had to go fishing, hope to make the next one, cheers doc

nice fish :good: been there myself remember once giving up with a bad back (not recent mind) but I have to ask the question why did you take them home ungutted and with heads on? your bin will stink for ever? plus its needless weight to carry.

KW

nice fish :good: been there myself remember once giving up with a bad back (not recent mind) but I have to ask the question why did you take them home ungutted and with heads on? your bin will stink for ever? plus its needless weight to carry.

KW

ever tried sorting out that in a small boat in a f 4 sea, best way I know of ruining good fillets. the roe are delicate and easier to remove without bursting them ashore, also you have to weigh fish ashore for competitions

the whiting were you will be pleased to know gutted at sea, no problem getting rid of guts i am out on boats all the time and the bits not used will be returned to the deep.

Heads and bones are used to make stocks and soups, nothing wasted here.

doc