Another Photography update - how i've been wasting my weekends

dunganick

As a few of you know i do quite a bit of Motorsports Photography, so i thought a few of you might like to see a selection from this year.

There are mainly photos from the BTCC, but theres a little bit of BSB, DTM, WTCC and some Club racing thrown in.

So here you go, these are my favourite photos from what has been an amazingly enjoyable year of photography for me, please feel free to leave good or bad criticism.

1. Media day - My first experience of tracking shots - loved it

817910615_MUDtj-L-1.jpg

2. Perks of the Job (excuse the funny crop)

1095793487_SGaTk-M.jpg

3. BTCC Thruxton

1092203389_eYxpA-L.jpg

4. More Perks of the job

829356355_McAcd-L.jpg

5. Some robust overtaking from Neal

1092203758_HyGKR-L.jpg

6. BTCC Rockingham - now one of my favourite circuits

848140863_BuLNK-L-1.jpg

7. More Rockingham

850468123_buGkh-L.jpg

8. BSB @ Thruxton - not a good bike circuit

1092187734_YXiQn-L.jpg

9. BTCC @ Brands Hatch - First of a few soakings this year

1092208118_zkPNe-L.jpg

10. BTCC @ Oulton Park - Great circuit, if only it was about 3 hours closer to home

1092210909_JSwnh-L.jpg

11. BSB @ Cadwell - pretty much the only BSB round I would bother going to

1092198607_5WdcA-L.jpg

1092200512_thxkr-L.jpg

13. BTCC @ Snetterton - by far the most interesting undulation present on this track

1092213210_n3pZj-L.jpg

964937175_vQtsf-L-1.jpg

15. BTCC @ Silverstone - another circuit where the racing is by no means the best thing present

979483378_EEr6W-L.jpg

978880338_TWJb8-L-1.jpg

17. WTCC @ Brands Hatch - by far one of my favourite events - shame its moved for 2011

941099794_VZZfw-L-1.jpg

18. DTM @ Brands - Favourite event of the year

1046166430_SYCiR-L.jpg

19. Sparky - BTCC take note

1092178341_e4EfM-L.jpg

20. GT Trophy @ Brands - unfortunately to see a mates car go up in flames :(

875105635_kKNRm-L.jpg

21. BTCC Final @ Brands

1043144022_dN8fe-L.jpg

1095794678_RcHpD-L.jpg

23. My favourite photo this year.

1092218251_Bip75-L.jpg

Thanks guys, the kind comments are really appreciated.

fantastic photographs,really like your style I see your into panned shots?how slow a shutter are you using on No3 the AON focus?

I live near to Knockhill and have done the BTCC and BSB the last few years,great way to spend a weekend

well done mate

john

Thanks,

That shot will be about 1/30th, panned shots just provide better opportunities to get rid of boring backgrounds. The teams also like them as they need to have lots of photos of the sponsors showing, also it shows driver names.

I will be heading up to Knockhill for the first time next year as i will be doing an entire BTCC season (this year i missed Knockhill and Croft - they are a bit far from Kent) i'm really looking forward to it, it has some lovely undulations which is what a lot of modern/airfield tracks lack.

Once again thankyou guys.

The call for more photos or the girls is a common one. Something i will sort for next year ;)

Great pics :good:

I really like No 11, is that the natural product or has it been 'tweeked'?

Also like No 13 :yes:

Yup 11 is unmolested besides some tweaks to colour/sharpness.

As another member said, its the 'mountain' at Cadwell Park, a natural rise that can get even some cars airborn

Here is a 2009 photo of Tommy Bridewell

634702283_czej3-L.jpg

I can not see any time you spend with a camera in your hand being wasted! 17 has it for me, have you put any more up on TP? I have not been on there for a while must go and catch up :yes:

Thanks, yeah i am still posting my BTCC stuff up often on TP, its great to get some feedback to help grow my style.

Great pics,

Quick question, have you got any of the Porsche carrera Cup from this year Stephen Jelley in particular ............. ?

I don't i'm afraid, however if Stephen Jelly is in the Carrera Cup next year and wants some photos - let me know. With any luck i will have some customers in the series next year, so i will be working it anyway.

Once again thankyou guys.

The call for more photos or the girls is a common one. Something i will sort for next year ;)

Yup 11 is unmolested besides some tweaks to colour/sharpness.

As another member said, its the 'mountain' at Cadwell Park, a natural rise that can get even some cars airborn

Here is a 2009 photo of Tommy Bridewell

634702283_czej3-L.jpg

seen a couple of good crashes when people land side by side after hitting the mountain (on bikes) on trackdays, bit of a wobble and they are gone

there was a lotus on a trackday a couple years ago when i was watching, he took off big style and pulled in after the lap, i think he needed to change his underwear after that 1!

Great pictures!!

seen a couple of good crashes when people land side by side after hitting the mountain (on bikes) on trackdays, bit of a wobble and they are gone

there was a lotus on a trackday a couple years ago when i was watching, he took off big style and pulled in after the lap, i think he needed to change his underwear after that 1!

Great pictures!!

Its a superb circuit, one of the last great circuits that hasn't been based around a dead flat airfield. Cadwell, Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Knockhill - proper circuits.

I would say however that being this close to the action has completely changed my opinion of accidents, i used to go to events, half wanting to see a big accident (touring cars particually), however having been near some big ones, seeing some stuff i didnt really want to, such as Tommy Bridewell loosing his little finger at Thruxton this year, i have deffinatly changed my opinion. It is also the case now that often i am friends with the riders, drivers or teams, so i know not only the risk to them but the cost of an accident.

I caught this accident last year (infact Steve is now a semi regular customer through taking this photo of him), but it cost his team about £15k, which nearly put pay to his season.

511873313_tBhRG-L.jpg

It also concerns me when you see accidents such as these (both of these races i was shooting but at different corners)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsca3UqysrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je71qzTdzx0

Great cars, great bikes and lurvly women :yes:

Superb work, well done.

Thankyou