le chameau vierzonord

activeviii

Just shelled out on a pair of le chameau vierzonord but im having a problem with socks. no matter what i wear i lose them after a very short distance. i have tried thin sock and i have tried long thick socks, walking boot socks and no socks, but thats to cold.

apart from nailing the socks to my legs what do others wear to stop the socks sliding all the way down and under their foot.

Phil.

Are they too big/wide.i have some and some long socks,over knee stop that happening,or you could just wear your wifes tights outside the bedroom for a change :o

Are they to big :hmm: well in some eye yes they would be but they do fit my feet. thick socks and my toes are tight in the end. as for getting them over my knee's well a 40" inside leg puts pay to that one. do they do tights that long. i must go have a look, will they be warm? you sound like your talking from experience :blink: :D

boot size is a 51 euro. :yp:

I hate this, one of the reasons I don't wear wellies that often - having said that is seems to affect some people and not others.

2 options, one is to get some stockings (very long socks) and double them over out side the boot, or roll them down over the boot, or get some shooting garters to hold them up

The other is to get some tight fitting short socks, like Bridgdale walking sock, they seem to stay in place.

I hate this, one of the reasons I don't wear wellies that often - having said that is seems to affect some people and not others.

2 options, one is to get some stockings (very long socks) and double them over out side the boot, or roll them down over the boot, or get some shooting garters to hold them up

The other is to get some tight fitting short socks, like Bridgdale walking sock, they seem to stay in place.

their the ones i have. i have the bridgedale boot sock and walking sock and both fall down.

i bought these boots to try and save the hassle of lacing walking boots but looks like its £170 wasted at the moment.

i might see if i have a long nozzle for the expanding foam gun :sneaky2:

My main problem is trying to find the socks big enough as well. they dont do many in a 15

Phil.

My dad has a pair and i often were them, dont have any trouble. They're a little too big for me so i wear thick 'hunting' socks and have no problem.. Unless there way too big it might just be the socks.You could wear football socks and put electricians tape around the tops below the knee. (What my brother did at football) That should work :)

:good:

My dad has a pair and i often were them, dont have any trouble. They're a little too big for me so i wear thick 'hunting' socks and have no problem.. Unless there way too big it might just be the socks.You could wear football socks and put electricians tape around the tops below the knee. (What my brother did at football) That should work :)

:good:

In my youth we all wore Garters, the elasticated tops never lasted, and coming from a big family even the socks were hand me downs.

If you make your own garters make sure the elastic is about 1" wide to stop it cutting in, this will cost next to nothing. I do not no the price of Professional Garters but I bet they cost a few quid.

bakerboy

and yes I do squeak as I walk

Edited by bakerboy

I have tried the staples but they just pulled out and left a mess on me legs so that one didn't work.

i have tried the 2 pairs of socks but not working as i have thin, long feet but my toes are at the end so hurts toes.

i am now trying tape on socks job, so far so good but im not sure where my feet are going as they are asleep. :blush:

I always used to suffer from this with cheap wellies but a combination of Aigle Parcours Iso and Deerhunter welly socks has cured it. I even get away with shorter walking boot socks if I tuck my pant legs into them. Wore them again beating today, 7 drives and the socks didn't budge and my feet were well toasty despite the Baltic weather! :)