Handwarmers

Dustem Dave

I went for the S-boston, bought last year for £30, its still the lighter fuel type, funnily enough, I fired it up this morning for the first time since last year to see how long it would last when out tomorrow.

turned it on at 8am, and its still boiling hot, certainly gets my :good:

I went for the S-boston, bought last year for £30, its still the lighter fuel type, funnily enough, I fired it up this morning for the first time since last year to see how long it would last when out tomorrow.

turned it on at 8am, and its still boiling hot, certainly gets my :good:

Without doubt the best of its kind. Most of the other petrol/lighter fluid ones cannot be turned off after lighting, but the S-Boston can be started abd stopped at will. Well worth the extra money.

I got given the charcol type as a stocking filling a while back, wouldn't really recommend it. The Charcol is dirty and fiddly to get going (and you have to order extra through the internet at quiet a price), and though it heats up to a fair old warmth, I wouldn't really recommend.

I got given the charcol type as a stocking filling a while back, wouldn't really recommend it. The Charcol is dirty and fiddly to get going (and you have to order extra through the internet at quiet a price), and though it heats up to a fair old warmth, I wouldn't really recommend.

Plus, the charcoal burners smell weird. Not one for using upwind of quarry.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought two Peacock handwarmers last week, no point buying just the one as once the wife had tried it she'd have confiscated it :lol: so bought her one too :wub:

I used one at the weekend and got a good 8 hours heat out of it for about half a measure of fuel. We had two on the go yesterday, one I put 1.5 measures of fuel in and that lasted nearly twelve hours. The other one hadn't been used before and seemed a bit slow to warm up so I gave the wadding a good dowsing in fuel and it is still really hot as I write and that has lasted over 24 hours now :good:

Hot Rox :-) rechargeable but they are not cheap to buy - had it as a gift and only given in a quick try, but seems to work well

I had a go of a sample Hotrox unit to write a review for another forum, and they're good little units. Their most valuable feature would have to be the fact that you can turn them on and off whenever required. In your bag? Switch it off. In the hand? Flick the switch and instant heat with no fumes or mess. Not as hot as my Peacock fleabay ripoff, but easier to use.

Love my boston. i have had it a few years and use it most days in winter. when im in the hide i sit on it, i shoot sitting down on a fishing chair, or i drop it down my welly boot. the wife has washed it in the washing machine when i left it in my coat. when she told me i just turned the top to the 'on' side and pressed the ignition. lite with no problems and the batteries are still good after 3 years. i want another one now but i will wait till summer when there cheaper ;)

Phil.