on the sprouts

cocker3

went out to day at 8.30 am with verminator 69 and had a look at a sprout fields we shot yesterday(we had 120 of this field yesterday) and again there were birds all over the field.so we watched for a while (a coffee and a fag)and agreed to set up on the far side of the field but with no hedges or cover it would not be easy but as if would have the birds coming head on into the decoys we figured it would work .

we set out two magnets and 50 decoys and 4 floaters and settled dowm ater 3 whole minutes they started to throw them selves at the decoys and for the next hour it was mayhem.with some good shooting and good birds being take (and some shocking shooting and easy misses :oops::oops: )alan was using a 3 shot semi (god av got to get me one of them )and to quite good affect at times and to quite bad affect at other times ( he could have had a twelve shot and they would still of been safe :lol::lol::lol: )

then we could see hunderds of birds heading for refuge in an other field that was not being shot some mile to our right and it slowed down to a steady tricle and with the sun in our faces it was getting harder to track the birds into the decoys (should have thought the hind spot out a bit better :blush::blush: ) by 12.30 i could not feel my feet :no: and we were runing short of lead so we decided to start picking up which was not easy with 6 inches of snow on the ground .the dogs found it hard going with the snow but after an hour we were sure that they had got most of the birds of the field so we had a quick count and figured there was still 15-20 still out in the sprouts but with the dogs now soaking we and cold we had to leave them for the foxes we finnished with 134 picked and 15 ish lost cant wait for next week took some photos of my half of the bag when i got home

Edited by cocker3

Nice 1 lads ,your getting more shooting than me at the moment ,now i cant be having that :lol::good:

well buddy there are thousands of birds up here at the moment they seem to be feeding mostly on hedge berries as everthing else is under 1-2 ft of snow but any sprout or cabbage are coved in birds if that makes you feel any better :lol::no::no:

well buddy there are thousands of birds up here at the moment they seem to be feeding mostly on hedge berries as everthing else is under 1-2 ft of snow but any sprout or cabbage are coved in birds if that makes you feel any better :lol::no::no:

All the birds im seeing are on game strips so bring on feb .

Snow been melting today so hope to see some birds on the rape very soon :yes::good:

Cracking bag for both of you fellas and ill bet the dogs worked their gonads off with the amount of snow.

they dont have any gonads now buddy they fell of on the way home :oops::oops: got another 5 inches of the white stuff today pigeons will be suicidal by the week end :yes: :yes: :yes:

Very well done. What sort of nick are the pigeons in? We shot a few during our pheasant shoot at the weekend and they were still in good condition.

hi dave most were in realy good nick but afew were just starting to go a bit thin(what did supprise me tho was the amount of young birds 20-30-%)

cheers andy