Saw a funny thing while out shooting today.

Evil Elvis

Was walking through some woods and saw what looke dlike a bird of prey all tucked up on a branch, could see a hooked beak, the sun was behind it so it was difficult to see, once i got around the other side i could see its colour....It was a bright green parrot!!!!! It was very happy looking and didnt respond to any calls, it was green with black edges to the featers and about the size of a female sparrow hawk....not well up on parrots!!!

Was walking through some woods and saw what looke dlike a bird of prey all tucked up on a branch, could see a hooked beak, the sun was behind it so it was difficult to see, once i got around the other side i could see its colour....It was a bright green parrot!!!!! It was very happy looking and didnt respond to any calls, it was green with black edges to the featers and about the size of a female sparrow hawk....not well up on parrots!!!

There seems to be quite a few "escapees" out there in the wild.

When you said it didn't respond to any calls but seemed happy, did you try "Whose a pretty boy then" I find this sometimes provokes a response!!! :lol:

:good::lol: :lol:

Get a lot of these around the Teddington area of london , understand a few breeding pairs were accidentally released in the late 80's. however , saw 1 in a neighbours garden last weekend and i'm down on the south coast. Beautiful creature, left some scoff out for it, took some footage with the video camera and left it to its own devices. It looked happy enough.