what internet security are you all using?

pegleg31

Yes the free versions are good; as they use the same definitions as the payed for versions

Here's 4 to choose from

AntiVir Personal http://www.filehippo.com/download_antivir/

Avast! Free Antivirus http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Cloud Antivirus http://www.filehippo.com/download_cloud_antivirus/

Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.filehippo.com/download_security_essentials/

I use Panda as there's no messing with settings etc "simple"

AVG free edition here for virus. Malwarebytes as well, and I sometimes run spybot to see if anything else might have snuck in.

Other than that, a good router with a firewall and also enable all the built in firewalls in Windows.

same here!

I run malwarebytes when friends tell me they are getting strange emails off me - a sure sign something is lurking which AVG hasn't picked up, but malwarebytes will.

:good:

I've been running my 2 lap tops for a couple of years on Norton which I upgraded every year, last month I took both lap tops into ACER for servicing, the guy said both were full of viruses :o :o :o I said I was running Norton, he said it was rubbish :o I asked about AVG ~ He said it used to be good but unless you subscribe now it's useless :o I asked what he recommended ? he said Kavarsky ! Although I'd heard of it I never used it, So I had my lap tops wiped clean and I bought Kavarsky of ebay for £15 to cover 3 PC's for one years, that was £15 inc P&P in a brand new box sealed in plastic. I installed on both lap tops and every things runnin sweet now :good:

f3

I've been running my 2 lap tops for a couple of years on Norton which I upgraded every year, last month I took both lap tops into ACER for servicing, the guy said both were full of viruses :o :o :o I said I was running Norton, he said it was rubbish :o I asked about AVG ~ He said it used to be good but unless you subscribe now it's useless :o I asked what he recommended ? he said Kavarsky ! Although I'd heard of it I never used it, So I had my lap tops wiped clean and I bought Kavarsky of ebay for £15 to cover 3 PC's for one years, that was £15 inc P&P in a brand new box sealed in plastic. I installed on both lap tops and every things runnin sweet now :good:

f3

watch your credit card bills as Norton will keep charging you every year.

I had a hell of a job when I cancelled my Norton subscription.

Edited by paddywack12

Avast is top dollar and easy to use. For my money the best anti-v comes from F.prot. see http://www.f-prot.com/

Windaz firewall protection is very good for everyday use. Swings and roundabouts. I used to love norton software in the early days and then it was so cumbersome it never worked and would just lock every computer it was installed on. Apparently they have got their act back together and it's good. Once bitten twice shy...

Gosh, are you lot still filling the pockets of Bill Gates, as slaves to Windows?

I don't use any of the aforementioned stuff, I don't need it, I use Linux.

I just get on with computing, while you lot are defragging, updating, spywaring, antivirusing and downloading the next best freebie.

Linux is all free, and your all mad.

Gosh, are you lot still filling the pockets of Bill Gates, as slaves to Windows?

I don't use any of the aforementioned stuff, I don't need it, I use Linux.

I just get on with computing, while you lot are defragging, updating, spywaring, antivirusing and downloading the next best freebie.

Linux is all free, and your all mad.

yep it's a mystery , linux for me too.

This hobbit, I am convinced, is why our country is up the swannie. Too many people still believe that they have to go with the flow and follow everybody else.

I put a quote from Albert Einstein in a forum not long ago and feel it is very relevant to what is happening here.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

It's that questioning bit that gets me every time..