fuel prices hitting all time high

decoying mad

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget as well that it was the previous governments way of cutting down greenhouse gas emissions and protecting us from ourselves by increasing the fuel duty to encourage to drive less.

we will all have to bear the brunt,u try organising another fuel protest and m15 will be on u like a ton of bricks b4 u get outa ure drive. i blame the do gooders of this country,removing our civil liberties bit by bit in the intrests of our safety,we pay 70 odd % in tax on our litre price on fuel,try doing this in auz or the states. no matter what u do the petrol companies and gov will not take any less money,if we all got fiat 500's tommorow and used less petrol,its price would go up overnight so the same cash is taken in by them. same goes for the energy companies. am i the only person who thinks this way?

we will all have to bear the brunt,u try organising another fuel protest and m15 will be on u like a ton of bricks b4 u get outa ure drive. i blame the do gooders of this country,removing our civil liberties bit by bit in the intrests of our safety,we pay 70 odd % in tax on our litre price on fuel,try doing this in auz or the states. no matter what u do the petrol companies and gov will not take any less money,if we all got fiat 500's tommorow and used less petrol,its price would go up overnight so the same cash is taken in by them. same goes for the energy companies. am i the only person who thinks this way?

No you're not the only one that thinks that way. Them bloody do gooders seem to have the loudest voice though.

what they dont relize is about the cost of the fuel is that it changes the way of life for many people ,we might get in the car for a ride out go for an meal or fish and chips somwhere ,but now with cost of fuel it starts to get very expensive so you dont bother then one less customer for the pub or chippy etc it will have a terrible knock on effect.fuel blockade all the way for me im afraid.

The thing that really concerns me is the way it disproportionately hits those who live in the countryside. If I wanted to get a bus anywhere from my parents' house it would cost a fortune and take three times as long. I was at a drinks thing earlier and some of the older people there were saying how they have reduced their travelling to maybe once a week as they can't afford anything more because the nearest town in 10 miles away.

I would like to see the road and fuel taxes reduced and more road tolls. Therefore everyone that uses the roads the most will pay. This would include all foreign truckers who currently drive around on fuel purchased abroad and without contributing financially to the upkeep of our roads.

I'VE GOT A GREAT IDEA, LETS ALL BOYCOTT ONE BRAND OF PETROL STATION FOR A WEEK AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE TO LOWER THEIR PRICES AND BECOME REALLY BUSY AND THEN ALL THE OTHERS WILL DO THE SAME TO WIN THE CUSTOMERS BACK!!1!

Thought I'd get in there with the above drivel before someone else does, it always comes up in the "fuel prices" threads!! :rolleyes:

So explain to us why in principle this form of protest wouldn't work or at least focus the minds of the oil companies and politicians?

I havnt and won't knowingly buy from Esso, Shell and BP for years for a number of reasons surley if we all didn't it would have an effect? People stopped buying in Ratners it soon had an impact!

Shippy

So explain to us why in principle this form of protest wouldn't work or at least focus the minds of the oil companies and politicians?

I havnt and won't knowingly buy from Esso, Shell and BP for years for a number of reasons surley if we all didn't it would have an effect? People stopped buying in Ratners it soon had an impact!

Shippy

Because the petrol all comes from the same places and most of the price you pay is tax anyway

The thing that really concerns me is the way it disproportionately hits those who live in the countryside. If I wanted to get a bus anywhere from my parents' house it would cost a fortune and take three times as long. I was at a drinks thing earlier and some of the older people there were saying how they have reduced their travelling to maybe once a week as they can't afford anything more because the nearest town in 10 miles away.

Four miles to the nearest shop for me. Lots of people go snowed in recently, many had ran out of heating oil. The only people who could get about had 4x4's but in the summer they will all be slating 4x4 owners. I am not sure what the answer is because the ones in power don't seem to understand nor care.

Phil

It's not a boycot of the oil industry but of certain companies in it. This would be a kick the behinds of the lobbyists who, believe it or not have influence. See how upset those in the pockets of the Salt producers get when that is pressured!

Still. Trying to boycott a company that makes billions and billions each quarter is just silly. You'd literally need half the country to not buy from one of the big companies before they started to worry.

Before taxation, the fuel companies actually don't charge much! I think blockades on the motorways are the best way to get the attention of the right people ;)

We run 2 old cars due to where we both work . We seem to be working now just to keep the cars running . So , if we did not work then we would not need the cars so I might just sign on the dole or move into the hospital where I work .

Yep , roll on the fuel protests or any other way to make things less easy for them to threaten us and our families .

Fuel was supposed to go up .7p per litre on new years day, our local jet garage put it up 2p per litre, on top of the 5p they put on over the last 2 weeks...

god knows how much they will put it up by on tuesday... :huh:

they now sell diesel at £1.29.9 per litre

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

nothing will ever change because we sat hear moaning look at the likes of france if they dont like it they shut the whole country down if you want it to change do something other then sit and hope others will do it sorry just really gets my goat when people take my money because i have to have a car

It's easy - most of the law makers live and work in London with exceptional public transport almost 24/7 - they cannot see the need for cars other than cash cows to pay their expenses for 1st class subsidized rail travel at off peak times.

It's easy - most of the law makers live and work in London with exceptional public transport almost 24/7 - they cannot see the need for cars other than cash cows to pay their expenses for 1st class subsidized rail travel at off peak times.

YB,

I understand your sentiment but rail travel even in and around London is ****.

I have got plenty of city high flyer mates and all they do is moan about the trains. A couple of blokes I know earn £1 million plus a year - but travel into and around London is indiscriminate :yes:

As for driving into or around London :wacko:

I travel by road a fair bit for work - we have clients in every corner of England. The road network is by far the best in the North :yes: :yes:

YB,

I understand your sentiment but rail travel even in and around London is ****.

I have got plenty of city high flyer mates and all they do is moan about the trains. A couple of blokes I know earn £1 million plus a year - but travel into and around London is indiscriminate :yes:

As for driving into or around London :wacko:

I travel by road a fair bit for work - we have clients in every corner of England. The road network is by far the best in the North :yes: :yes:

your right, but i think its because its less crowded, not because its a better network...

shaun