new van tommorow

stef

I am changing jobs at the moment - had to take a driving assesment on Monday in a spanking new transit.

Have to say I was well impressed, so car like and plenty of power - the last transit I had driven prior to that was 10/15 years ago and it was terrible :lol:

They have come on leaps and bounds and felt like quality to me :good:

They are just like driving a car now, no rattles and everything works, the trouble is with Ford they have not kept up with the likes of Merc or even Fiat. The Sprinter is faster. The LWB sprinter is longer than the transit jumbo and can carry more weight. 1100kgs compared to a mere 900 kgs in the transit jumbo.

driven a transit for years prefer it to my car :good: the only problem with them is for some strange reason ford decided to move the washer bottle from inside the engine compartment to the wheel arch ??? so its been frozen since well before christmas had same problem for most of last winter :sad1:

driven a transit for years prefer it to my car :good: the only problem with them is for some strange reason ford decided to move the washer bottle from inside the engine compartment to the wheel arch ??? so its been frozen since well before christmas had same problem for most of last winter :sad1:

same prob with the vauxhall cheers for the reply`s guys,one good thing i can keep all my pigeon shooting gear in this 1 :good:

we have loads of Mk7 transits at work and they are the most unreliable vans we've ever used. Fuel pumps, injectors, bottom ends, dual mass flywheels, sensor faults, blowing core plugs and headgaskets. Most of the vans have had one or more of these faults, a particular 56 plate with 70K miles on has had all of them, some more than once.

Not a chance I'd buy one, thats for sure!

Our company has loads of them, I used to have one for work, medium wheelbase semi high top, excellent van :good:

The only advice I would give is make sure you have it undersealed or you wax-oil it every year. When our company purchased ours they didn't have them undersealed, apparently this is an option on ford commercial vehicles, and after about 4-5 years they are showing signs of rust in the lower bodywork :blink: This is even thought they are well maintained, washed each week and inspected every 2-3 months and serviced regularly by our own workshops :blush:

Hope you enjoy you new vehicle, I'm sure you will :good:

we have loads of Mk7 transits at work and they are the most unreliable vans we've ever used. Fuel pumps, injectors, bottom ends, dual mass flywheels, sensor faults, blowing core plugs and headgaskets. Most of the vans have had one or more of these faults, a particular 56 plate with 70K miles on has had all of them, some more than once.

Not a chance I'd buy one, thats for sure!

Snap.They have one of the new Transits at work and its off the road again having a second engine fitted.This particular van has been problamatic since the day it was delivered.

My Vivaro on the other hand has been problem free and it drives better too.

My lwb hicube does 40mpg whilst carrying 1 tonne of cargo. Can't be bad :good:

It's a 51 plate with 140k on the clock. Can't fault it. 2.4 duratorq :yes:

I used to drive for a friend of mine who owns a courier business, he had a LWB 3.5t and i used to get 45 mpg from that on a good run fully loaded, also had 4.5t LWB high top twin wheeler drove that to Manchester and back and got 42 mpg. Both vans had covered in excess of 170k miles and only ever had routine servicing etc....ohh and both went like stink as they both had the biggest engine Ford did.