HELP - son only paid £2.50 for 2 shifts at L/centre

Conygree

I'm with Mungler on the legal side of his employment rights.

If the problem appears to be with this particular manager - start by going straight above his head. A quick e-mail / letter to whoever is in charge - asking for a proper explanation. There has to be something else here - no employer in their right mind would be paying an illegal hourly rate. If it is a genuine mix up - give them the chance to put it right. If it is not a mistake and pay is being witheld - complain - forcibly but politely.

I suggest you check the L.A. website and find out who is the 'Head of Service' for leisure in the authority.

A simple letter to them stating the facts as you know them would be helpful and, as someone else suggested, ask for a written reply as 'you have been advised you must take the matter further'.Ask politely for a reply as soon as possible as you have an appointment to which this relates in a weeks time (date).

It is ocassionally the case that Leisure Centre managers 'act alone' and without benefit of direct personnel support.

He may also have some 'history' with the authority. You also have the right to see your personal file and see if what is in it, is accurate.

Dont forget to ask to see it.

Good luck

Yeah that's right, lets ramp it up like real men and start suggesting S.18 GBH with intent with a possible life prison sentence to recover what, £90 of unpaid wages and in circumstances where no one has first thought to write a letter asking for an explanation and or payment? Yeah, lets ramp it up some more with talk of possible kidnapping - you know, old style Ronnie and Reggie, back of the van at midnight, one way ticket to Rettendon - Danny Dyer proper naughty.

I am genuinely amazed some people on here manage to get themselves train tickets let alone shotgun or firearms tickets.

I too am amazed at some of the namby pamby, tree hugging, lentil munching, liberal o.k.yah ,people on here.

Maybe we should write to al-queda as well and ask them not to be nasty any more,or we will take them to court.

If you are blatantly rob, bully, and generally intimidate a young lad like this,knowing that he has little if no employment rights you deserve all you get.

As for what message it sends out to the young lad ,well what sort of message does doing sod all send out?.

Whos Danny Dyer?

Not sure but i think that if this goes down a legal route and the company find that you have released details of the case on a public forum-their legal team will eat you for breakfast-breach of confidentiality-libel e.t.c. If i were you i would consider removing any reference to the actual company concerned.Im on your side but please be carefull.

I too am amazed at some of the namby pamby, tree hugging, lentil munching, liberal o.k.yah ,people on here.

Maybe we should write to al-queda as well and ask them not to be nasty any more,or we will take them to court.

If you are blatantly rob, bully, and generally intimidate a young lad like this,knowing that he has little if no employment rights you deserve all you get.

As for what message it sends out to the young lad ,well what sort of message does doing sod all send out?.

Whos Danny Dyer?

''If you are blatantly rob, bully, and generally intimidate a young lad like this'' Sorry what's that mean in English? I'm sure the police had a good laugh at your articulately worded shotgun application

Whos Danny Dyer?

Yeah you're right. The time for namby pamby has long passed - this has just been going on too long and there's just too much money at stake. It's a liberty.

They took it to 10, we're going to take it to 11. They started it, we're gonna finish it. No one gets away with this on my manor. It's time for boiler suits, crowbars, vans with moody plates and an early morning pre-milkman visit. Yeah but we're not delivering milk. No, we're gonna deliver "it" and "it's" going off big time.

I tried to book Danny Dyer but he **** his pants and called it off.

Proper naughty.

EDIT

And who is Danny Dyer, this is Danny Dyer....

Edited by Mungler

I'm not advocating any sort of violence towards this piece of **** ...........

But if anyone tried this with my lad they would be getting a night time visit from three men wearing balaclavas, boiler suits, and base-ball bats. :angry:

Might be a bit extreme for a genuine error Dan ,but this toe rag sounds like a right piece of work doing this to a young lad. He knows exactly what hes done ,so the time for talking and being reasonable passed when he refused to sort the original problem out and more or less sacked the lad .Yep definitley a good case for a slap or two.

:o Ok, i could understand these posts if:

A, its was friday night and you had consumed one too many Tizer's.

B, If you were a demented lunatic.

If these are your genuine thoughts on this, then it might be you who needs the services of Mungler rather than this young lad.

Now, my thoughts about the OP. I would inform the manager that you wish to open a grivience, and then take it from there. The money side is seperate from the wanting him to resign.

(sorry for the serious post, ill go back to daft mode shortly :good: )

Yeah you're right. The time for namby pamby has long passed - this has just been going on too long and there's just too much money at stake. It's a liberty.

They took it to 10, we're going to take it to 11. They started it, we're gonna finish it. No one gets away with this on my manor. It's time for boiler suits, crowbars, vans with moody plates and an early morning pre-milkman visit. Yeah but we're not delivering milk. No, we're gonna deliver "it" and "it's" going off big time.

I tried to book Danny Dyer but he **** his pants and called it off.

Proper naughty.

EDIT

And who is Danny Dyer, this is Danny Dyer....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shaun

If jumping to conclusions, based on a few details, becomes an Olympic event - I think we have found a potential Gold Medallist. :lol::yes: :yes: :rolleyes:

If I was the Manager concerned and I read this, I would be contacting Mungler or one of his fellow Solicitors. I think I would be banking some money for libel.