Poaching

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7361526.stm

Organised Gangs lol?

Opinions would be enjoyed.

My view is,its never going to stop because it is so hard to get permission.Why do these people think they own the Deer if the Deer is actually wild?

I can understand if there Breeding them but even then they have to be culled at some time.So why is it such a big deal?

Ok I understand un licensed Guns and cars is a no no and could be dangerous and if there doing it for money its kind of wrong but is is not for money that these estate owners want to stop poachin and?

Organised Gangs my back side,more like a couple of lads who are not fortunate enough to have money to pay to shoot Deer and no land owner will allow them on to take Deer as there so interested in the money they can make then the actual sporting side of things.

It seems it is getting to the deadline that if your not rich (the sport is not for you as you cant afford it) which in my opinion is wrong.

Surely the few Animals took via poaching does not hurt the pockets of the already rich and getting richer people?

It is like a man coming in and taking your TV with a Gun?

What are these people on?

Big difference there in my opinion and nothing like some one taking your TV with a Gun.

What about this,we should have land owners with Deer on arrested and sent to jail because some stray in to the front of cars and kill people? I wonder how they would like that.

I understand this can or could be a big debate,im not here to argue but to just say,does it really hurt these people?and should poachers lose there freedom,food on the plate,family car,all contact with there family and so on?

I find it very wrong the way some people think.They desperately need a reality check and need to come live where I do for a week.

i have put my helmet on for this one

it is different going into someones house and taking there tv while pointing as gun at them....

just because it is worse than poaching does not mean poaching is right or OK to do

Its not just the animals that get taken when poachers are driving about at night

endless amount of damage is done to crops...thats the farmers livelihood gone, he cant afford to feed his family next year becasue someone wanted to take a deer..how can you possibly think that is right

the majority of poachers arent like the old boys who used to do it, its not just for food

and when the deer is own joe bloggs land, it belongs to joe bloggs, when it ******* off and steps infrnt of a car it isnt on his land therefore he cannot be held responsible

dont really understand soem of the tripe you just reeled off, barmyand yes they should lose there freedom, family etc...it was their choice to break the law, therefore they are held responsible for their actions, and will hopefully learn a lesson

POACHING IS WRONG

Edited by TJ91

Organised Gangs my back side,more like a couple of lads who are not fortunate enough to have money to pay to shoot Deer and no land owner will allow them on to take Deer as there so interested in the money they can make then the actual sporting side of things.

God you're naive.

Yes, deer poaching by criminal gangs is a big problem and goes hand in hand with thefts of quad bikes and other machinery, violence and intimidation, damage to crops and buildings, and large-scale rustling. The market for stolen venison alone is worth an estimated £5 million a year. These are seriously dangerous armed criminals, not some old boy with his dog.

Venturing onto private lands to hunt animals is poaching how ever you dress it up, gone are the days of one for the pot! Now days it's organized criminals 4x4s and underpowered inhumane weapons to get game meat solely to sell on and profit from the animals and land owners misfortune. The traveling and now eastern European communities are the biggest culprits. If you see it as harmless how would you feel about an

illegal gang shooting whist you are lawfully allowed to hunt on the same ground and at risk of being shot? If landowner

has purchased an estate for 10mil it doesn't make it public

property it's no different to Someone in your back garden!

Edited by davecrowdy

What you have to look really hard at is what it tells you about these people's attitude to life and the world in general. Is this just a single blip in an otherwise blameless life or are they (more likely) into all sorts, stealing cars, farm equipment, breaking into houses, gambling drinking and fighting when they are not poaching deer.

Old time pot poaching was and is illegal, but was and is understandable and was and is often forgiven on a case by case basis.

Modern day poaching is morally indefensible, pheasants , deer, duck etc wild or not.

Poaching gangs are usually composed of career criminals and are almost always violent, intimidating etc etc as others have said above.

I would suggest, rather than find unfathomable and unjustified reasons to feel sorry for them, poor landless people, they should serve 3 years of community service as Gamekeepers, police, small time shoot enthusiasts etc.

Biggest load of sentimental hogwash yet visited upon this site.

£300-£400 per carcass? i dont think an expensive retail butcher would make that on one :look:

also to the op, i reckon that in some cases what you say may be true, however there is no way that you can claim that deer stalking/ shooting is bacoming an eliteist sport(and so forcing the working classes to turn to poaching). take me for example, i'm not rich but i do have deer stalking permision to over 1400 acres and thats because, like most decent people bothered my **** to go out and ask land owners

Edited by nathanhutchison

Nobody needs to poach these days - food is too readily available and cheap. We aren't in a period of rationing (unless I've missed something).

Poaching is theft, often with damage resulting to property and danger to anyone who tries to send the perpetrators on their way.

Keep alert folks and alert the authorities if you see poaching taking place. :yp:

I always found it fascinating, this image that people have constructed of ‘the poacher’.

How they’ve built him up as some sort of folk hero, the slightly wild, wily, old boy, ‘a bit of a character’, out there slicking two fingers up at ‘the toffs',

its loaded with meaning.....

and yet, for the most part, a load of old .....:lol: