Any martial artists on here?

death from below

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

believe me it was - stupid thing is i finished the lesson, silly thing to do (that was Aikido - dropped a very large ex-russian army guy on the back of my heel which was bent at the toes).

If any of you fathers with young kids have watched Zingzillas - Cecily who is an amazing Silat practition (and hot) i used to train with was performing Buas (like Katas) to some Gamelam music in one episode

65_img.jpg

Taught Wado Ryu in the '80's/'90's and won 'junior' National championships (Tera karate Kai)at Tower ballrooms in Birmingham as a 4th Kyu in the '80's.Moved onto full contact (knackering!)and had to pack in due to a bad back injury which caused sciatica,which still bugs me to this day now and again.Do Hontai Yoshin Ryu/Takagi RYu Jujutsu now,along with my son.Far more practical and effective than Karate.My 11 year old son can have his 16 year old cousin (who is much stronger than him)screaming for mercy when they're having a wrestle!Brilliant sport,can recommend it to anyone. :good:

My 6 year old boy has just had his second Tae kwon Do lesson, I took him and stayed to watch. I was suprised to find that I wanted to join in and was thinking about starting myself, the only trouble is, I am 36 (and overweight) nd the average age of the class is about 10. Apart from on girl in here early 30's and you just know the wife would say that is why I joined :hmm:

believe me it was - stupid thing is i finished the lesson, silly thing to do (that was Aikido - dropped a very large ex-russian army guy on the back of my heel which was bent at the toes).

If any of you fathers with young kids have watched Zingzillas - Cecily who is an amazing Silat practition (and hot) i used to train with was performing Buas (like Katas) to some Gamelam music in one episode

65_img.jpg

That little scratch you got would not have kept me away from that gym :lol:

Judo from 6, Muay Thai for 12 years (originally trained with Brian Walker), Wing Chun through Uni and a bit of Aikido.

Kept getting stupid joint injuries so ended up leaving it for the last few years - also don't feel the need to be semi-invincible anymore! Still hit the weights pretty hard and use the bag in my gym to stay loose. You never know when a 300kg something or other needs moving :lol::lol:

Prefer to be out in the fields these days :yes:

not surprisingly i see she's got into movies now (though the one in the trailer looks dire)...

she's tiny (like 5 foot), but used to kick my *** big style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP14vB0S1Fk

Marks out of 10. . . . . . . . . . . Id give her 1 :D

Seriously, she looks good :good:

I have also experienced some traditional British self defence.......... :blink:

I got my brown belt kickboxing last year whilst also training at shootfighters doing freestyle wrestling and jiu jitsu training alongside some ufc greats such as dan hardy, andre winner and even guests like wanderlei silva.

currently doing my street defence instructor certificate with a tough guy called pete skillen, and the famous geoff thopmson and peter constadine, check them out on youtube if you get chance!!

then, one day, you suddenly realise that you don't have to be invincible, that not all hard nasty people are out to get you and yours, and you wonder what its for and why you do it.

Might be an age thing? :yes:

Not forgeting all the aches/breaks etc you have picked up over the years,but then at our age your reminded of them every morning :oops:

That kung-fu master i trained with so taught me,we all used to block and hit all blood and guts macho stuff,master wong swayed just enough to move out of the way and then put you on ya back with a flick of his wrist EVERYTIME :yp:

Goju Ryu for more years than I care to remember. Meeting the wife caused a break for two or three years until I realised how fat I was getting and I went back to it for another three to four years whilst my eldest sone took it up. Gave in and "RESTED" for a while again then decided I was too old for it and took up Tai Chi - one of the best moves I ever made :good:

Considered to be one of the 'Soft' styles of Kung Fu but I can assure you that if you have one of the moves from it applied to you with intent; you will soon wonder what part is soft!

I can recommend it for keeping the brain active, keeping you fit without all the power exercising and also in my case, keeps my diabetes in better control. If you get a good practitioner to teach you, they should also be including a system called Chi Kung, which is a system of exercise that really does work. Look it up and try some of it to see if it helps you.

Pushkin :yp: :lol:

aikido from 8 to 17yrs old.. got my black belt in the end at both jnr and snr level. rugby then took over and never done it since..well, apart from self defence on a night out..surprising how it all comes back when needed!!!!

wouldnt mind going back to it now..would the old body cope....!? :hmm: :hmm:

I do a bit of underwater spork fighting, pretty handy to know should you ever come face to face with a Spetnaz agent and you're only armed with your trusty spork.

I also did Judo as a child, and Ninjutsu for a year a few years ago. Had to give it up as I was working away from home to often and couldnt go to training regularly.