cammo netting?????

fergie

Ok I'm looking for a Cammo net. I have a lot of the army cammo net but I'm not too keen on carrying a lot of this around. So im looking at getting something else. but what do you lot recommend, stealth ghost ?????

i found this one what do you think.

Edited by Cranfield
Can't post eBay links.

I quite like the Realtree patterns - but have always found it depends what kinda foliage etc you have on your farms - it wouldn't work for me. I still use the old fashioned military stylee camo nets with bits of whatever is local wound in to it to make it blend in better... but i'm guessing you want something lightweight?

I quite like the Realtree patterns - but have always found it depends what kinda foliage etc you have on your farms - it wouldn't work for me. I still use the old fashioned military stylee camo nets with bits of whatever is local wound in to it to make it blend in better... but i'm guessing you want something lightweight?

I am after something lightweight but I guess I could cut a length off the military netting I have is 4m x 1.5m ok?

clear view= useless

stealthe ghost=big,heavy but not bad

3d leaf cut=the best you can get, :good: imho

They are ALL see through and you will need to sit STILL behind what ever you use and cover your face and hands :good:

Not really true mate :hmm:

The "stealth net is certainly not heavy - are you sure yours is the right one? :good:

the clearview is far from useless - suggest you see Eric Priors article in sporting gun (or his book - my way with pigeons) :good:

3d leaf cut - fine unless you shoot near hawthorn or brambles :no:

I agree totally with big simmo999.

I have a couple of MoD nets which are too heavy now that I am getting older. I bought one of those leaf cut jobbies in the link that the Op mentioned but it blows too much in the wind. I have 2 stealth nets which are the dogs nuts and are light and pack down allowing me to create all permutation of hides including with roofs when needed.

To be honest, the MoD ones are the best but too heavy, so the stealth comes a close second but is the one I prefer.

15foot x 5foot Stealth net, the leaf cut with the black nylon mesh backing - Brilliant, BUT - in some situations, particularly in sunlight it might as well be one of those very thin ones because the pigeons will see every move you make. HOWEVER - take a smaller length 10foot x 4foot of lightweight desert storm netting as well and then you are ready for anything.

ps: the both won't be anything like as bulky as old heavyweight army netting AND a stealth net is far more durable.

Try the test - throw an army net onto a blackthorn hedge and rive it off, bits of the net will tear off and stay on the hedge, throw your steath net on thorn hedge and rive it off, bits of the hedge will come with it !!!!!!

Edited by Hairofthedog

Its is interesting all the different views.

I have the stealth netting and it is very light to carry, but I find a single sheet is very easy for pigeons to see through. If you use 2 sheets you are well hidden but it is hard to see through so it is easy to find your head popping up and down. I would also agree with the point it does flap about in the wind.

Sorry only to confirm other people's thoughts here but it is interesting as I have been having similar thoughts and problems as I am sure at times I am visable to the pigeons. :hmm:

• 4 months later...

clear view= useless

stealthe ghost=big,heavy but not bad

3d leaf cut=the best you can get, :good: imho

They are ALL see through and you will need to sit STILL behind what ever you use and cover your face and hands :good:

Yep!

I use a Stealth Net with a second leaf cut net behind it, full height on the sides and around two-thirds height at the front so I can see out.

Stealth net 4m x 1.5m, hung on poles up to mouth height whilst seated, then clearview hung inside but another 12" higher than the stealth net stretched tight to give you a window to look through on three sides.

Two excellent nets and very lightweight and compact to carry.

I bought the realtree see through net by hunters specialities,it's basically net curtains with a pattern on it and very see through,also it has nothing to tie it up with.Its ok if you keep still and wear the right stuff.I was in my local garden center today and they have wind break netting a £1 a meter and its green and black if it was doubled up it would be perfect.

Stealth net 4m x 1.5m, hung on poles up to mouth height whilst seated, then clearview hung inside but another 12" higher than the stealth net stretched tight to give you a window to look through on three sides.

Two excellent nets and very lightweight and compact to carry.

This is how i tend to set up my hides, though i usually use 2 stealth nets.

I used to use ex. MOD netting when I was younger, now I´ve got one of those clear view, and two Ghost Stealth nets. The ghost stealth can be added together to form a bigger hide (Overlapping nets), and then the clear view placed on the inside directly around my seat place. Allows me room to store stuff out of the way, and gives good cover too

That´s the price of having four different types of arthritis :no:

Edited by Redditch

What about scaffold netting 2m x 50m in green would make 3 or 4 good size hides.

Ideal if you need hides over a few fields :D

http://www.megatradestore.com/Netting__Fencing/Debris_Netting/1200/Debris_Netting___2m_x_50m___Green

I have seen that netting used for duck shooting,and it looks like nothing,best advice dont go anywhere near it.