Flask

Cosd

Is it my flask or do they all taint the taste of the drink inside.

I have two flasks (large and small) which I take to the hide, I usually fill them with a good quality black coffee, but the taste is awful!

The flasks are the stainless steel type, one bought from our local supermarket and the other was from TK Max, both cap/cup has a plastic lining.

Is it my flasks or do they all have this flask taste? Is it worth buying any of the well known brand ones?

Don't have any problems with my Stanley one that's always filled with milky coffee from the Bialetti. :good:

Usually empty it when I get home, flush it out with water and then let it stand with soapy water full to the brim. Do the same with the screw top and mug. Then give it a quick scrub, rinse with hot water and let it air dry.

It`s because they "brew" in the flask. I drink tea and just take boiling water, some tea bags and a small bottle of milk.

Thats right and because you cannot clean the inside properly it builds up.I've tried using baby bottle sterlilising tablets and they only made it 10x worse.

I just buy Thermos flasks from Tescos as they're cheap and when they start getting that peculiar taste-bin em'.

Just do what Ghandi or Sarah miles does and >drink your own urine<

Et voila, give the flask a 'fresh fill up' first thing in the morning before you go out, and later on when you drink the contents there will be no more surprises as to why the contents of your flask tastes of hot pee. No need for extensive cleaning routines or expensive new flasks. Job jobbed.

Bicarbonate of Soda in hot water in the flask will sort out any staining or foul tastes for a tiny cost. make sure that when you store it you leave the lid off to allow air to circulate.... wash rinse and store open to the air

atb

if you do buy a metal flask such as a Stanley be sure to keep your receipt as they do break although they are listed as unbreakable. Ive had two metal Stanley flasks lose their vacuum and another metal one Eurohike lose its vacuum. Now im using one stainless steel one i bought for 1.99 at the market and its still going strong after 4years.

Bicarbonate of Soda in hot water in the flask will sort out any staining or foul tastes for a tiny cost. make sure that when you store it you leave the lid off to allow air to circulate.... wash rinse and store open to the air

atb

There speaks an expert. I would just add that once you have used a flask once for coffee, you cannot use it for anything else. We seem to have a regiment of flasks, some for coffee, some for soup - it does not seem to matter what types of soup you use - and some wide mouthed ones, bought direct on-line from Thermos, for sausages.

For liquids, we bought a whole lot of stainless steel ones from IKEA and they have survived the season without any bother

Bleach will solve it. It works every time.

Just tip a good dollop in and gently pour boiling water in the flask so it doesn't froth up. Leave for an hour and rinse and shake with more boiling water.

Had the same two stainless flasks for 20 years and there's nowt wrong with them :good:

a good quality flask like a stanley or thermos are worth there weight in gold in other words you get what you pay for.you can put anything in them and has long as there cleaned out wright at the end of the day then you will have nay trouble.i have bought cheaper ones in the past especially the ones with a press in button on the top and they dont last long until they start tastin funny.

paddy.

Bleach will solve it. It works every time.

Just tip a good dollop in and gently pour boiling water in the flask so it doesn't froth up. Leave for an hour and rinse and shake with more boiling water.

Had the same two stainless flasks for 20 years and there's nowt wrong with them :good:

:stupid:

That's my cleaning regime :yes: