Feral Cats

al4x

I know this is a dodgy topic but to avoid confusion we aren't talking domestic cats with owners, so back to feral ones, does anybody have any on their ground and are they considerably larger than domestic cats. We had one a couple of years back that was a monster close on 4ft long from nose to the tip of its tail, the tail was long but it was the height of a springer spaniel. Saw another last night the first moved into a wood and stayed and last nights was seen about 2 miles from any houses in an area you never see any, absolute monster in pussy cat terms. We also aren't talking big cats but feral domestics that look like your usual house cat just are considerably larger.

Please try and be sensible or it will be a short lived topic

I did have a large feral cat taking my chickens, so i had to have a side by side word with it, when i had a close look it was a huge black and white tom, not much between it and my smallish springer. I have no problems with them normaly we have a few around in our stables and other out buildings and they keep the mice and rats down. Nearest other houses to mine about 3/4 mile.

My SIL breeds them and most owners don't even let theirs outside the house, at the price of them I am not surprised. :blink:

i have one, he can open the doors by reaching up to pull the handle down, i dare not move at the moment as he is asleep at my feet and using them as a pillow, if i wake him he'll fang me, ( the ******r) :lol:

anyhow, i'm not sure if it's feral or not but there;s a reasonable sized one near my dads place.