Fishing Today

Ferret Master

Hi,

Me and my mate decided to go fishing after school today because the last day of the season is tomorrow. We got to the small lake (duck pond) and I put a ledger out on a bite alarm with a white chocolate flavoured boilie a different fishing mate gave me. I also put to the right of it another ledger with a pink squid and octopus flavoured boilie (another gift from my mate) out the far side of the lake. My friend float fished.

45 mins later I hear a bleeep bleeeeeeeep blleeeeeeeep and come dashing round the lake as I had been helping my mate sort a tangle out by which time my alarm had fallen silent. :D I picked my rod up anyway and after no more pulls I decided to strike.

The lines had crossed so I reeled my rod in when I spotted a carp in the margins not 2ft away spitting my other rods pink bait out. ;) It had picked up the bait without the alarm on, crossed the line and spat my bait out in front of me. ;) So I stuck the white bait on it's nose which it ignored but it picked up my pink bait again! :) So I had to reel all the slack line in, untangle in from the other rod and strike. ;) I shouted to my mate for him to net it and after a decent 5 minute fight he netted it. It was a common carp in great condition and weighed in at 9lb 2oz.

Here is me looking cold. Sorry about the picture quality as it was taken on my phone and my mate is shaking becuase he was cold. ;)

Fishingandferreting007.jpg

Not that bad for a 1 and a half hour session to finish the season. ;)

FM :D

"PIKE fishing"

Completely different to PIKE-EY fishing involving the holding of a £10 note in the air to see who grabs the bait 1st ;):)

How old are you ferret master mate, nice fish, I used to do a fair bit but then stopped.

Nice to see some other young people around!

Hi,

In reality I was only 10 yards away but I had to jump a ditch that feeds the lake to get there. I had been helping my friend as he is new to fishing and I was just shotting the line for him. :o

At this lake the fish ALWAYS bite when you are doing something else. I sometimes induce a bite by pouring a drink or something similar. ;) A bit like decoying really. :)

FM :D