Most expensive chip shop in England - Wickford

death from below

The missus bought a bag of chips for the kids last week and it cost £36.50 - outragious price I reckon even though they were fried to perfection (the chips, not the kids).

£1.50 for the chips

£35.00 for her parking on a yellow line outside the shop in the High street - one of those horrible little midget cars with the big camera on top got her - it goes upto £70 if we don't pay in 21 days.

We'll stick to oven chips in the future :good:

Oh dear, she got caught by the parking nazi in the camera smart car. <_<

It's a proper money spinner for the Council. Sounds like your missus needs some of those James Bond style revolving number plates. :good::lol:

Up here in Mid norf double yella lines mean no parking - even outside a chippy - anyway wouldn't the kids have done better with a proper meal - meat and two veg etc.

Sorry but I just can't generate any sympathy. - also oven chips will save 2% of world oil. :yes: :yes:

dave :oops:

The missus bought a bag of chips for the kids last week and it cost £36.50 - outragious price I reckon even though they were fried to perfection (the chips, not the kids).

£1.50 for the chips

£35.00 for her parking on a yellow line outside the shop in the High street - one of those horrible little midget cars with the big camera on top got her - it goes upto £70 if we don't pay in 21 days.

i no that chippy oposite the wimpy,its murder there for parking :yes:

Up here in Mid norf double yella lines mean no parking - even outside a chippy - anyway wouldn't the kids have done better with a proper meal - meat and two veg etc.

Sorry but I just can't generate any sympathy. - also oven chips will save 2% of world oil. :yes: :yes:

dave :oops:

You self rightious P****, my kids get plenty of decent meals thanks, sometimes they enjoy the fast food option.

As for sympathy, I neither asked nor want yours thanks.

No doubt a man who always does a roast chicken dinner 3 times a day and never, ever cuts a corner and gets caught out (ie the yellow line).

Edited by death from below

You self rightious P****, my kids get plenty of decent meals thanks, sometimes they enjoy the fast food option.

As for sympathy, I neither asked nor want yours thanks.

No doubt a man who always does a roast chicken dinner 3 times a day and never, ever cuts a corner and gets caught out (ie the yellow line).

:stupid:

Who would refuse their kids a bag of chips now or then.

I have to confess to rushing about 1 evening and not paying attention to where I had stopped rushing in chippie and when I came out there was a bobby stood by my car waiting. She pointed out my front wheel was just on the chevrons of a zebra crossing so poor old Baz got a lovely bag of chips and 3 points. Now that's some expensive chips!!!!!! :) :)

Now please rain your sympathy on me hahahahaha.

£35.00 for her parking on a yellow line outside the shop in the High street

Up here in Mid norf double yella lines mean no parking

He said single.

I defy anyone on here to say they have never parked out of permitted hours on a single yellow.

If it was a double yellow the fine would have been nearer to a ton.

£1.50 for the chips

lol i can beat that i took my family for a outing to cleethorpes in 2008 went to McD's for dinner there cost me £20+ for meals and a week or so after got a parking fine for £90 for overstaying there 75min max stay, were does it say in any shop that when u enter sry dear customer u have 5mins to get what u want and get the hell out. never bin back since

lol i can beat that i took my family for a outing to cleethorpes in 2008 went to McD's for dinner there cost me £20+ for meals and a week or so after got a parking fine for £90 for overstaying there 75min max stay, were does it say in any shop that when u enter sry dear customer u have 5mins to get what u want and get the hell out. never bin back since

I got one of those from Maccy Ds, if its a private car park im told the fines are unenforcable. I didnt respond or acknowledge either of the letters and certainly didnt pay and 6 months later it went away.

I got one of those from Maccy Ds, if its a private car park im told the fines are unenforcable. I didnt respond or acknowledge either of the letters and certainly didnt pay and 6 months later it went away.

You are right. A private debt is not particularly enforceable. Worst case scenario would be CCJ if it went that far. Being a civil debt (money owed to a local authority), which parking on yellows or without a Pay & dsiplay ticket, they will persue to the ends of the earth.

Thats is correct if anyone gets a private company parking charge i know ways out of it

Me and the Mrs passed one of those camera cars in Romford a couple of weeks ago - sat on double yellows while seemingly taking pictures of cars on the opposite side of the road. If it wasn't for the fact we were in moving traffic we'd have stopped and taken a picture of him on the mobile. Double standards :no:

Edited by Bagsy

We are completely in the wrong here so i shall pay the fine for the missus. However, when the parking bloke parks on the yellow outside my house next week to Chase the parents who park for the nearby private school I will have a word from now on in the interest of fairness.

Give me a bell DFB, we could block him in !