So How far away is your permission

Distance  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How Far away are your Permissions

I'm really lucky, my 10 acres of land joins onto 260 acres of my next door neighbour farmer, so can walk out the front door with my gun and crack on straight away. My furthest regular permission is no more than 12 miles away-one of the advantages of 'living in the sticks'. I realise how lucky i am, must be a bit of a pain for some who have to travel a fair old distance to shoot. :good:

Only have three farms now, lost one due to not being able to go on my own as I didnt have a SGC at the time and the land owner hated me shooting rabbits with a rimmy ???

They are all about 20 miles away, but at least they are more or less joined up.

Dead jealous or all you other members who more or less walk to them.

I moved from the Yorkshire Dales last year......had my pick tbh....might move back if diesel goes up anymore :sly:

I have one of about 300 acres less than 1/2 mile from me, one of 50 acres about 4 miles away, one of 250 acres 7 miles away,one of about 300 acres 8 miles away, two new ones about 10 miles away, not been on them yet, but soon for pigeons... and one of 500 acres 12 miles away.....I'm concentrating on the 500 acre one right now, as it's a new permission.

It's not till I typed this down, that I realised how lucky I am to have all this land to shoot on..:)

I have one of 175 acres less than 1/2 mile from me, 3 together of 225 acres about 6 miles away, one of 55 acres 22 miles away,one of about 250 acres 65 miles away, 5 exactly 3000 acres combined 100 miles away, 1 650 acres 110 miles away and 1 of 54 acres 95 miles away. 95% of this land can be driven all year round. Visit every farm at least once a week with pretty good results (all journey's are both ways combined) :good:

I have a few permissions to go to, a couple with in a a mile or 2. But Mostly around Mid Wales about 35 mils or so

one way, 70 mile round trip. I got 6 farms which are included in one family which has around 1400 acres of land

shared out between them. Then i got another 2 farms in the Hereford area which i can shoot over. And i got 1 big farm

over in West Wales i can shoot over if an when i go to it. But thats only once or twice a year as its 85 mile one way.

So all in all i'm gratefull i got a fair few acres to shoot over.

DD

Due to relocating to lancashire

my permissions are .....wait for it......

195 miles away

Up to 2000 acres in hertfordshire.

And boy do I miss getting out and about

Until I get out find some closer to home..

Regards

Derek

Hunter2