What do you all do with brass cases

I always pick up my used brass regardless if it is from my 243 or my 17HMR as I believe that to leave it lying in a field would be disrespectful to the farmer and his land - Tha same applies to used shot gun cartridges.

The 17HMR brass I throw in the dustbin when I get home. The .243 brass I keep till I have a batch of either 40 or 60 and send it to whoever wants it for reloading asking them to put a small donation into a charity box of their choice in return, that way everyone benefits!

Any non reloadable cases I keep go in my brass bucket. I'll weigh it in when it's full. I don't pick up rimfire ammo, it's small enough not to be a problem for the farmers. Shotgun hulls yes, they're huge and look untidy, but rimfire brass often gets lost in the grass. I'll extract and pocket it if I'm not in a rush but if it gets ejected in a hurry for a second shot then it gets left unless it's obvious. :good:

EDIT... An old farmer once said to me "a few spent cases in the gateway keeps the travellers at bay". He could well be right?! :lol:

Edited by njc110381

If you've got a decent amount but you don't reload or feel charitable chop them in at a local scrap merchant, brass always get s good price :good:

Mark

brass is at about £2,500 per ton, i know you probably wont get much weight but where i work in the aviation industry we scrap unserviceable brass oxygen cylinder regulators, we had 90 kilos of the stuff and got £220 for it, was a nice xmas bonus!