Gun Watch - on PW Forum

garjo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the first forum I looked in when logging on,but i rarely bother now,seems less personal and more of an add on to the forum now rather than the friendly banter type place it was.

Shame hope it gets back to it's best.

ATB figgy

Agree figgy - suppose point was trying to make is thats its kinda dead - no contributions - yes some were pretty pointless but entertaining nonethless

+1

Some were worth the the read, which got you to see the guns and if they were worth having a look into. Now don't bother to look on the gun sales.

Agree figgy - suppose point was trying to make is thats its kinda dead - no contributions - yes some were pretty pointless but entertaining nonethless

+1 :good:

I have to agree,used to like flicking through all the guns,picking what i would next like to get and what i would have to sell to finance it,gun watch has killed that,just not as good any more :no:

It was a serious question.

If the 'feedback' is from people who rarely buy or sell guns - it isn't really relevant is it?

And unfortunately a lot of the comments in the old for sale section were unhelpful to the point where we were continually asked to edit them out by the seller.

There is a bit of feedback for you :)

Oh dear - as I say it's just feeddback - not sure what the problem is.

If the 'feedback' is from people who rarely buy or sell guns - it isn't really relevant is it?

And unfortunately a lot of the comments in the old for sale section were unhelpful to the point where we were continually asked to edit them out by the seller.

Bought a semi auto just before the change over, but rarely look now.

Do any of you ever actually buy and sell guns or do you just like looking at adverts?

You only have to check 'content' of users to see who is/WAS buying and selling,i WAS and i liked looking at the adverts,so guess i WAS using it as it WAS intended :hmm:

I am a mod on another forum and the unfortunate part, is that some posts have to be edited / deleted. The plus side of these posts is that any interesting guns get a free bump to the top of the new posts when you click view new content, it is at the cost of say some one selling a battered gun for a few pounds althugh I have seen comments in these threads as well.

In the long term these posts may ade the selling of guns that have interest to members altough they may not be in a position to buy the gun at that particular point in time. Also if the thread is on their notification list after replying to the thread and then later on they are in a position to get a gun they could retrieve the thread easier. Although they could suscribe to the thread with out making a post.

My take is that the old gun sales section was interesting, encouraged people to browse and was an integral part of what felt like a forum 'community'.

I must admit, gunwatch has made it feel slightly less like being a member of a community and a tiny bit like being a member of livestock. But then, as I've never actually bought a gun off PW, that's irrelevant.

It was the first forum I looked in when logging on,but i rarely bother now,seems less personal and more of an add on to the forum now rather than the friendly banter type place it was.

Shame hope it gets back to it's best.

ATB figgy

Me too. Dont use it much now and it doesn't look like many others do either

I have used the gun advert section quite a bit over the last 12 months, sold three guns and bought two, so I hope it qualifies me to give some feedback on the new format :unsure:

I look at the gun sales section every day, but to be honest the gun ads now don't interest me as much, I don't feel the current format is as good as it used to be, or user friendly :no: The gun pictures are no where near as good as they were previously, they are not large enough or enough of them to be able to judge the quality of the item from a few small poor quality images. There only ever appears to be three pictures on each advert, is this the limit? In my opinion I think it might be good if there could be some improvements to the section.

I'm all for change, as long as it is for the better, but don't feel the current changes to the gun sales have quite hit the mark, and there is room for improvement. Yes some of the comments on the adverts used to be a pain but I think all sellers expected a few with a free advert, and they did keep the advert highlighted :blink:

As with everything the proof in the pudding is in the eating :yes: Has there been any feedback as to how many sales have been completed since the changes compared to before? Are more guns being sold now since the changes, or not? After all it is about selling them and if sales have dropped then this could point to issues with the new format :oops:

i like the new format, if i'm looking for a gun in earnest then i can email or call the owner to arrange a viewing or for better pictures. i believe the system was set up to curb the few members who use the site as a free ad then ****** off never to be heard from again until they sell something else, and as for comments, well you can still add them just like on the old system format. I've bought and sold tons of stuff on here and will continue to do so.

BY THE WAY, has anyone else noticed that a few threads keep popping up asking for gun valuations? they really do just sound like for sale adverts :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have just replaced a couple of guns, and was looking on PW to see what came up in my area, in the end I used my local RFD, but could of got some thing of here if the right gun had come up.

Exactly and isnt that the way it should be ,freindly banter to get the ball rolling and maybe even secure a wanted gun at a reasonable price instead of being thrust into the arms of these harpies in gunshops that only want your money and couldnt give a jot about the buyer and there is a few about,Bm