EotWaWKI and should I buy my wife a birthday present ?

henry d

Hmmm, tough call.

If you don't buy her a pressie and the rapture comes then you'll have all eternity to be reminded of it.

If you do buy her a pressie and the rapture comes then you aren't going up as, by buying a pressie for an event after the rapture, you showed a lack of faith.

Probably best to just go worship some idols :good:

Edited by MaybeNextTime

OK, I read the link. He reckons 21 May at 6PM (ish) so is that his local time? Did he factor in Daylight Savings which the writers in the Bible would not have been using? This might be really important...

Edited by john_r

Mr Camping's argument has convinced Adam Larsen, 32, from Kansas. He is among scores of "ambassadors" who have quit their jobs to drive around America in Family Radio vehicles warning of the impending apocalypse. "My favourite pastime is raccoon hunting," Mr Larsen told CNN. "I've had to give that up. But this task is far more important."

Beyond parody :lol:

Every day Mr Camping, an 89-year-old former civil engineer, speaks to his followers via the Family Radio Network, a religious broadcasting organisation funded entirely by donations from listeners. Such is their generosity (assets total $120m) that his network now owns 66 stations in the US alone.

Once he has given away all of the $120m to good causes I might be convinced of his sincerity

The way I see it, just don't bother with the present if you're religious.

You have two choices - upset the wife and hear about it for however many years, or upset the big boss and know about it for all eternity. I'd say the former is a better option and you'll save a few quid too! :lol:

I'm not religious and I still don't buy my other half presents every year. Sometimes I just don't get around to it. :oops:

Every day Mr Camping, an 89-year-old former civil engineer, speaks to his followers via the Family Radio Network, a religious broadcasting organisation funded entirely by donations from listeners. Such is their generosity (assets total $120m) that his network now owns 66 stations in the US alone.

Once he has given away all of the $120m to good causes I might be convinced of his sincerity

Beats getting a job mind, n even if you do you wont make $120 million lol. I might start reading the bible and open a radio station :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's happening. It is tipping with rain here. It shouldn't be at all. Should be bone dry as monsoon doesn't start for another month.

Also my ATM card was declined this afternoon.

I think it's the beginning of the end in which case my last meal will be a pot noodle.

Bye all. It's been good knowing you :drinks: