Florida

ME

We are starting to plan a return visit to Florida next year.

Probably a week at the parks & attractions and a week relaxing on a beach somewhere.

I know MM is a Disney/Florida expert but what's the craic with getting decent park tickets etc Has anyone started at the hotel in the park ?

What about a relaxing week in Florida? Are we talking Sarasota or the Keys or what other?

Come on PW massive, share your Florida/Disney tips...

Stayed at the universal resorts (hard rock hotel and portofino bay. Both are nice and you get perks like early entry and front of the queue on rides (no need for fast passes).

Done a week on clear water which was nice, a bit like amity bay from jaws (but no sharks!)

Always bought our tickets from attraction tickets direct as they seem to be the best priced plus you also get the tickets not a voucher to be exchanged when you get there.

you get perks like early entry and front of the queue on rides (no need for fast passes.)

That's what I am after :good: , we made the mistake of going during their "spring break" last time. The queues were unbearable.

Edited by ME

If you cost the hotel then work out the cost of parking and queue jumping (as many times as you want when in a resort hotel. you pay for it at universal you can only use them once per ride) For 4 people it works out about equal. You can do both parks in 2 days. We do this with a 8 and 4 year old in august.

Donkeys years ago i went to Sanibel Island with my parents. Could fit the bill for the chilled out part. Although, i wouldn't say it's child friendly as such. Drive through wildlife park was awesome though, BIG alligators just wandering in front of the car.

Check out Silver Springs in Ocala and if you want somewhere else have a look at St. Augustine. It's been a few years since we sold the house in Fl. so it's changed a bit, I always found Key West over priced and full of gays. Naples is nice so is Jupiter on the east coast.

We are starting to plan a return visit to Florida next year.

Probably a week at the parks & attractions and a week relaxing on a beach somewhere.

I know MM is a Disney/Florida expert but what's the craic with getting decent park tickets etc Has anyone started at the hotel in the park ?

What about a relaxing week in Florida? Are we talking Sarasota or the Keys or what other?

Come on PW massive, share your Florida/Disney tips...

this oct going for a fortnight (halloween) never been before :good:

Check out Silver Springs in Ocala and if you want somewhere else have a look at St. Augustine. It's been a few years since we sold the house in Fl. so it's changed a bit, I always found Key West over priced and full of gays. Naples is nice so is Jupiter on the east coast.

St Augustine is very nice but a whole different deal to Orlando and the parks. If you are going primarily for the kids you have to really hit Orlando and just go for it. You will come home knackered but the kids will love it. Clearwater or Sarasota are the obvious beach resorts but you will not do badly where ever you go.

South Carolina, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach are not bad but too far to drive.

Edited by Vince Green

we have been going for 20+ years now and when you have been you will not want to anywhere else ever again :good: When my kids were younger we went 2 years in a row it was that good,but now that they have grown up and left home,we have just bought a house a bit south of Tampa 10 minutes from the beach.Orlando?great for the parks and shopping,but a bit too Blackpool with sunshine and a week will be more than enough.Beaches? Has to be the gulf,Clearwater is to crowded,go a bit further south to Madeira beach,Reddington shores,Indian rocks or John's pass.mile of powder like sand and very friendly.John's pass for fishing trips,boat trips and jet ski rentals.a bit further south Fort Desotto America's no 1 beach and national park,bbq's on site.General St pet's area ? fantastic.shooting at Skyway trap and skeet :good: If you go to the gulf you must go here...yee ha

I'm moving to Manatee county in Sep.email me to meet up for some trap at skyway

john

ps don't do the ponderosa buffet,utter yuk,poor quality meat