Will changing from rifle shooting to shotgun ruin my rifle shooting

I've not personally experienced any but i regularly shoot both, and in PSG you use a shotgun more like a rifle than a shotgun. :huh: There is a guy at my strawbaler who was in the military most of his life and then became a military RCO and is now a rifle instructor in the cadets and he sometimes struggles with clays because of the ingrained rifle training. He might just be making excuses for being rubbish of course but there you go! :hmm::lol:

Mark

Going back to rifle, you may find that your target aquisition/sight picture comes up faster. The one trouble with going to shotgun for a rifleman is remembering to raise the elbow to ensure the pocket on the shoulder opens up so that you get the all important consistant mount.

i don't think shooting shotguns ruins your rifle shooting, but having shot rifle for so long before picking up a shotty, it does affect the other way round!

It certainly does, getting out of the habit of closing the weak eye and squinting along the rib is difficult.

Gosh wouldn't realy know, I doubt it but i know the amount i have done with rifles means i will never become wow with a shottie :lol: If i want to shoot a shotgun realy bad i just go out and shoot running bunnies with the .22, then i can realy embarass myself the next day :lol:

i don't think shooting shotguns ruins your rifle shooting, but having shot rifle for so long before picking up a shotty, it does affect the other way round!

Jeez, ain't that the truth! I went to shoot clays last weekend and spent most of the day flicking my weak eye open/shut/open/shut...repeat indefinitely! Surprisingly it wrecked my acquisition! :look: