Best way to carry rabbits.

Dynamic85

My uncle made me a small chord with a handle at one end and a noose in the other EDIT: to loop around their feet /EDIT , which I have been using to carry up to three rabbits at once for the last year or two, but it wasn't the most comfortable to carry, as you had to hold it up a bit to stop their heads dragging on the floor. Either way, in the last week, it has gone AWOL.

After carrying rabbits round by the feet for a few hours the last couple of times I've been out, I've decided there must be a better way.

I'm thinking maybe a way of clipping them on to the carry loop of my rucksack or similar would be a good idea.

So how do you carry yours?

Edited by Dynamic85

Take a knife to the Achilles, but cut along the gap and don't actually cut the Achillies tendon. Slip the other foot/leg of the rabbit through the hole and voilla, you have a loop out of a rabbit leg.

Do this to all your rabbits and you can loop the rope through it and carry them. I've carried 13 this way, but they do get heavy.

You need to lift them up a bit. None of this dragging them on the floor nonsense :P

Also, why not gut them before carrying, so you're not lugging round a load of excess weight?

Edited by Billy.

Take a knife to the Achilles, but cut along the gap and don't actually cut the Achillies tendon. Slip the other foot/leg of the rabbit through the hole and voilla, you have a loop out of a rabbit leg.

Do this to all your rabbits and you can loop the rope through it and carry them. I've carried 13 this way, but they do get heavy.

You need to lift them up a bit. None of this dragging them on the floor nonsense :P

Also, why not gut them before carrying, so you're not lugging round a load of excess weight?

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

DD

Game bag for me if I'm walking,gutted.Lay them on their backs in the netting part of the bag then they don't dribble blood down the back of your legs as you walk!Still gets to grow heavy once you've got 4 or more in there though.

Mate always prefers to gut his after they've cooled to prevent the bloody trickle,but the stench doing it this way makes me retch! :blink:

Edited by Scully

Hock them and put them on a stick, I always carry a walking stick, Hazel, with my bag of nets slung over my shoulder on the end of it.

On the way back the net bag is slung over my shoulder and the bunnies are all threaded along the stick, hand in the middle and away you go.

Hock them and put them on a stick, I always carry a walking stick, Hazel, with my bag of nets slung over my shoulder on the end of it.

On the way back the net bag is slung over my shoulder and the bunnies are all threaded along the stick, hand in the middle and away you go.

Same here.

• 2 weeks later...

A mate gets these from a chap who makes nets, they are made from the drawstring used on his nets.

The plat in the middle is very comfortable even when loaded up,

I cannot find a picture with rabbits on it, but this will have to do. I think they were about £4.00 a few years ago.

Just put the loop back on itself and around the back leg or neck.

post-23668-0-38377600-1309544377.jpg

post-23668-0-76780700-1309544473.jpg

TEH

Edited by The Essex Hunter

Thats a good tool :good: I have carried them in a simalar way but found it difficult to drop them quietly and quickly to take a shot on a rabbit whilst on my own, so what i have done is get a length of decent size rope,fasten it around my waste and drag whole rabbits around a few feet behind me.If i need to take a shot i have nothing to hinder or get in the way. As i go around i would drop so many off around the permision on gates or fences to pick up later when i have done shooting, works for me quite well :good:

Or the easy way is chuck them in the back of the pickup :yes: No always possible though depending on permision.