need a name for my new shooting companion

bicykillgaz

hello,

me and my wife have been trying to convince my mother-in-law to get another dog to keep hers company and bring a bit of life back in to her, she's got a staffy bitch called badger and she loves playing with our two staffy's and seems to perk up around them.

anyway we went looking at a rescue centre and we walked this little ginger staffy cross with badger and they got on great so my mother-in-law put a deposit down and collects her next friday.

we got back to the car and sophie my wife asked me if i wanted another look round (i knew what was coming) and sophie made a beeline to one of the kennels with a little parsons jack russell bitch in it, she asked me if i wanted to walk her, obviously me been soft as muck said yes, we walked her and she was great on the lead very nice little temperament and affectionate, then the magic words came 'she'd be perfect you could take her shooting, shall we have her?' obviously i said yes and we went and paid a deposit for her and set off home.

we collect her next friday trouble is we can't think of a name, i don't want anything too girly as she's gonna be my little ditch dog, i also want something a bit country sounding, we've been thinking of names like sorrell, willow other similar names but nothings really jumped out at me so i'm after some ideas.

i look forward to hearing your ideas, i'll get some pictures up when we've collected her.

thanks gary

Hi guys, tell Sophie, theres only one name for a russel, in my book anyway, I once had a fantastic little russel bitch...................GYP short for (GYPSY) She black ears and one had a little white spot on the end of her right ear ( a gypsy earing as to speak) I loved that little dog! All the best and good luck naming her :yes: :yes: :yes: