My bikes been nicked!

Dan73

******* H***

Got off the train today after work to find the 3 - yes THREE - locks that I put on my bike, had been cut and my bike had been stolen from Leighton Buzzard train station..right in front of a security camera.

If anyone in the area see's a Diamondback Mojito Mountain Bike in White - please let me know. Its unusual as its a 29er (the wheels are a lot bigger than a typical Mountain Bike) and its a Singlespeed (it only has 1 gear). It also has rigid forks rather than suspension ones.

Its not particularly expensive but it had some decent upgrades and it was set up perfectly for me.......

I have reported it to the Police and The British Transport Police - all helpful but I don't expect to see it again.

How does someone have the audacity to nick a bike in a public place, under a security camera in broad daylight?

Keep an eye on ebay. When my wife's bike was stolen outside the library the policeman she reported it to said most stolen bikes either go straight onto ebay or they go in a container along with thousands of others and get exported to Bulgaria. I don't know why Bulgaria in particular but thats what he said.

years and years ago when I was a kid brothers and I went to swimming baths - brother locked his bike up and when we came out someone had cut chain up into little bits and left them and lock on bike seat - never pinched it - always wondered what point was.

Hope you get you bike back or the satisfaction of finding it in someones hands.

Dave

********, sounds like a nice bike that - don't see many 29ers around. Hopefully it hasn't been broken for sale on the bay :( Try putting word round the local shops and also stick up a post on singletrackworld.com, if you haven't already. They've got a good following and will have plenty of eyes to keep peeled for you.

******* H***

Got off the train today after work to find the 3 - yes THREE - locks that I put on my bike, had been cut and my bike had been stolen from Leighton Buzzard train station..right in front of a security camera.

If anyone in the area see's a Diamondback Mojito Mountain Bike in White - please let me know. Its unusual as its a 29er (the wheels are a lot bigger than a typical Mountain Bike) and its a Singlespeed (it only has 1 gear). It also has rigid forks rather than suspension ones.

Its not particularly expensive but it had some decent upgrades and it was set up perfectly for me.......

I have reported it to the Police and The British Transport Police - all helpful but I don't expect to see it again.

How does someone have the audacity to nick a bike in a public place, under a security camera in broad daylight?

Real ******... you have my sympathy..

There was a tv show a few years ago. The tv people chained a bike up on a busy intersection in new york and then sent a few people in to 'nick' it for the cameras to see what peoples reactions were... one of them even went in with a portable angle grinder to cut the chain!!! all of the public reaction was positive and helpful... holding the chain taught while it was cut, offering advice on the best way to free it... even the Police turned up and offered to help :yes:

Sad reflection on the society in which we live... no one gives a flying **** about anything that doesn't directly affect them.... you could be being mugged on the street in broad daylight and most people would just cross the street to the other side to get out of the way, probably not even bothering to call plod in the process! :no:

About 5 or 6 years ago they stole all the security cameras and the computer control system from the waste disposal site along Foxhall road, (Ipswich) they cut the poles down that the cameras were attached too.

Alan

Its not the value that I'm fussed about, though there was a couple of nice upgrades on it - its that it was set up 'just right' for me - and now I can't cycle to the train station so I'm going to have to start running when I get to London (otherwise I get no exercise!)

I don't expect to see it again - if the little scum has any sense they split the frame/forks/wheels/brakes, then drip feed it on ebay

Spence - yep, I used to ride Woburn all the time - I live in Stockgrove so I also have that area to pootle around too.

I called a couple of local bike shops to let them know if anyone tries to flog them anything then to give me a call. I know the owners so I'm covered there.

Twitchynik - singletrackworld - I might put a post on, I know the forum and read posts on there occasionally - I find most of the posters are a bit miserable though and tend to post a LOT of personal problems (which is probably why I read it ;-) )

way home from work pulled on the drive wife came out and said a red van had just followed me and watched me pull on to the drive,thought nowt about it that night yep bike missing (trails bike kmx 125)day after theft lad a work told me he had been offerd one in the pub told me name and address but to be carefull he is a scum bag ,this in mind straight to the police sorry sir no proof,and yes he had a red van ,left it about 3 weeks and van didnt look to well enough said :yes:

I'm gutted for you Dan.I love my own 2 Mountain Bikes and would be devastated if either of them left my site!I do hope that you get your bike back Dan and these lowlife get what's coming to them!What comes around goes around!!

ATB Dan.

Unfortunately I am not sure that is true anymore, did you see that youths behind bars programme? They had a full size tennis court, big flood lit football pitch, pool table, football table and if they are really good they get to have a plasmer TV and PS3 in there room! Christ I dont have any of that, maybe I will start stealing stuff and go into a life of luxury!

Anyway hopefully you will get your bike back Dan, keep an eye on Gumtree as well :good: thats another free site it seems a lot of people use for stolen goods.

Unfortunately I am not sure that is true anymore, did you see that youths behind bars programme? They had a full size tennis court, big flood lit football pitch, pool table, football table and if they are really good they get to have a plasmer TV and PS3 in there room! Christ I dont have any of that, maybe I will start stealing stuff and go into a life of luxury!

Anyway hopefully you will get your bike back Dan, keep an eye on Gumtree as well :good: thats another free site it seems a lot of people use for stolen goods.

Your right there mate.I do believe that people who do bad things to others will have bad coming to them!!

Whilst waiting for a date in Greenwich a few years back I had a walk along the foreshore beneath some railings to kill a bit of time. There was a smashed D-lock every few metres on the shore and some of them were the real pricey ones. No bike is secure.