Cert revoked can I sell

daveydw

I have had my shotgun cert revoked after I was convicted after an event on a stag night whilst drunk which I regret my guns have been conferscated and they said I can sell them to a firearms dealer can I sell them privately the firearms officer did not no when I asked him as a dealer will give me nothing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you feel that the revoking of your certificate was justified?

If it was just a case that you got done for swearing in the street, I'd be challenging them.

Sorry, it doesn't answer your question, but I am maybe just trying to see if there's a way you don't have to get rid of them.

I have had my shotgun cert revoked after I was convicted after an event on a stag night whilst drunk which I regret my guns have been conferscated and they said I can sell them to a firearms dealer can I sell them privately the firearms officer did not no when I asked him as a dealer will give me nothing

Get friend to hold them for you, as you will still be able to use them under the supervision of a SGC holder,I am sure I am correct but please put me right if incorrect.Or sell them at the right price at the right time.

You can then investigate/challenge the loss of your licence, or discover what the disqualification period is,

"were you really bad"??

Edited by bakerboy

Get friend to hold them for you, as you will still be able to use them under the supervision of a SGC holder,I am sure I am correct but please put me right if incorrect.

I, too, am not 100% but I think that you migh tbe incorrect here.

My understanding is that he is now classed a "banned person" and is therefore not allowed to handle any kind of firearms, even at clay shooting grounds.

Edit: Hmm, the more I think about it, I think I'm wrong now. I was thinking about prison sentences rather than certificate revocations.

Edited by Piebob

He will not be prohibited as per Section 21 Firearms Act 1968 as this applies to custodial sentances only. He is simply returned to the status of not having a certificate. You won't be able to sell them privately as there is no longer an authority to possess them but they may be released to an RFD as has already been mentioned.

that RFD can then hold them and send them to the RFD of a purchaser though. In the big scale of things they aren't actually that valuable so really for the hastle just take what the RFD will give you. Then you can use it on the phone bill talking to Frank ;)

He will not be prohibited as per Section 21 Firearms Act 1968 as this applies to custodial sentances only. He is simply returned to the status of not having a certificate. You won't be able to sell them privately as there is no longer an authority to possess them but they may be released to an RFD as has already been mentioned.

+1 :good:

I've been in a similar position, offered drugs also on a stag do but thankfully i remembered Zammo and the rest of the Grange Hill gang and said No! :lol: Its an easy trap to fall into which has dire consequences for certificate holders :/

Best of luck with the sale

Mark

Edited by Breastman

After my missis left me 2 months ago I knew is have problems so organised alternative safes with friends and since then the police have be out and commended me on this and told me I look organised so left me alone . How they found out I'm on antidepressants is a concerned friend apparently but were happy for a mate to have them if it got to that point

Why dont you transfer them to an RFD dealer then get a friend to put them on there licence and get him to sell them for you or use them in your friends company :good: Dont try (If you going too) to appeal there decision while the guns are in the care of police as if you lose the appeal they will sell your guns to recover there costs tranfer the guns then appeal