22 lr tactical rifles

welsh warrior

A lot of these .22s are for the Walts. better off with a ruger if you want to play Rambo, more spares, more options lots of technical backup

GSG's are nice bits of kit with just as many customising options as the Ruger but with a better standard look. As said above though, serious thought needs to be given to what your using it for. In my opinion, having owned one, its strictly a range plinker. Always felt a bit of a c0ck taking it out into the field!

Buy a cz and be done with it.....you can pretend to be a sniper with a bolt action like some others on here... :lol:

it's accurate, cheap and will always work....

CZ 452... Everyones got one/had one for a reason; they work very well for not much money!

Mines got a tacky plastic stock and everything so when I use my m@d Ski[[z to 'slot' rabbits at 35 yards I feel like a super sniper.

:good:

CZ 452... Everyones got one/had one for a reason; they work very well for not much money!

Mines got a tacky plastic stock and everything so when I use my m@d Ski[[z to 'slot' rabbits at 35 yards I feel like a super sniper.

:good:

Personally I dont see anything wrong with wanting a gun to look and feel a certain way. It's a stage I went through. I like to poke fun at the people who buy the old style lumps of wood myself. I mean, get with the times! :rolleyes:

Personally I dont see anything wrong with wanting a gun to look and feel a certain way. It's a stage I went through. I like to poke fun at the people who buy the old style lumps of wood myself. I mean, get with the times! :rolleyes:

My CZ has a synthetic stock so no "lumps of wood" here... :P:lol:

I think wht I and Libs was trying to do was give him advice on getting the CZ as they are accurate, reliable and well priced....and for the saving he can stick more money to a scope, if he wants a plinker then please disregard all advice...simples!

Edited by gixer1

The CZ is a nice reliable and accurate bit of kit, that said I went for a GSG5 SD Titanium Edition :) I just liked the fit and feel of it when I tried it. It's only used for indoor paper bashing and holds it's own quite well. Only thing I would say is if you do go for a GSG get the SD (looks nicer) and buy the screw & push-pin replacement kits from rrages.com.

If you really want to splash out on a "tactical" 22lr I'd pay the extra and go for the Sig 522, it's a beautiful gun and very high quality.

Edited by phaedra1106

If you go for the GSG or other tactical just make sure you also get the black tac-vest and 10 hole urban hitecs to go with it. Rolling around and jumping over things whilst shouting hut-hut-hut just doesn't have the same impact whilst wearing a pac-a-mac and Nikes. ;)

Edited by mick miller

I don't like wooden guns, pure personal preference. If that makes me a walt to internet psychologists, then so be it :rolleyes: Personally i like 'modern' looking guns, even if they're not actually new firearms, e.g. H&K G3, FN FAL etc. Even the SMLE has 'futuristic' looking sights, to me anyway!

If you like guns that look like they could be 100, 200 years old, thats your preference, i have my opinion on what thats usually an indicator of but i'm not going to throw names about like a petulent child ;) And lets not forget all the guns used in the 3 british shooting sprees - with the exception of ryan's Beretta 92f - have been old/traditional guns :whistling:

As has been said, that sort of gun is best for range plinking or mini-rifle comps, get a bolt-action for accuracy comps or bunnies etc. Best tool for the job and all that :good:

Mark

I'm getting worried about myself now, I have 2 "black tactical" type rifles and I used to have a Beretta 92F back in the days you could, does this make me a closet Walt?.

Can't see me jumping over things etc. as I have bad Osteo Arthritis in both knees and hips and a damaged shoulder. I bought the guns I have because they fit me nicely, shoot well and were within my budget, I really don't care what they look like, the tactical pistol grip type stock and large forend on the GSG5 SD is a good fit for me as being over 6' 6" I have hands like a Gorilla, the Steyr SSG-04 has a stock with an adjustable cheek piece and adjustable butt pad which means a better fit and less recoil for me.

Edited by phaedra1106

If you go for the GSG or other tactical just make sure you also get the black tac-vest and 10 hole urban hitecs to go with it. Rolling around and jumping over things whilst shouting hut-hut-hut just doesn't have the same impact whilst wearing a pac-a-mac and Nikes. ;)

Ever felt the urge to abseil down something, anything?

Ever felt the urge to abseil down something, anything?

All the people in my office are now wondering why i burst out laughing... :blush::lol::lol: PW gold! :good:

Edited by gixer1

I'm getting worried about myself now, I have 2 "black tactical" type rifles and I used to have a Beretta 92F back in the days you could, does this make me a closet Walt?.

Yes,you should turn yourself over to the authorities immediately. :yes:

I wouldn't worry about it.It's just the usual 'sweeping generalisations',very similar to some of those posted on the 'Tottenham' thread.

Well as I said before, I like my GSG5-SD but if you can afford the extra £££s the Sig is a real step up in terms of build quality out of the box, GSGs are fine but need a few (inexpensive) tweaks like better quality screws and a buffer for the charging handle to stop it hitting the front of the load tube slot as it slams forwards on cocking.