151 picked up

rodney

Took 2 of my friends out this afternoon on one of my permissions. Rape and wheat has both been cut over the last 10 days with the pigeons feeding on both. I've been watching this week but only had time to shoot it today. A steady flow has been landing all week so I hoped today would be fruitful.

Arrived at 3.30 with 2 of us setting up hides, the other standing in a ditch between the 2 field to hit the flaring and missed birds. Dave set up with his back to a cut rape field, shooting over cut wheat. I set up against a bale in the middle of a cut wheat field.

Weather was warm and sunny with a fair breeze. The birds didn't seem to want to decoy in the middle of the field no matter what arrangement of pattern. Dave had more luck with a steady flow all afternoon decoying lovely over his FUD decoys.

Stopped shooting at 6.30 as things started to get quiet. Ended picking up 151 woodies with a couple of crows. Dave shot 83 with a remainder split between me and Ricky.

post-22322-0-25874100-1313822270.jpg

Edited by rodney