beretta

dr. lecter

I have a 30" sporter and i am having a good time with it, though i found the stocks gets marked easily if you get caught out in the rain, so i would advices treating the stock before it gets wet (threads on here about it)

My RFD had to order mine in for me and there was nothing mentioned regarding comb height :hmm:

The Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 is an excellent gun for the money.

It comes in 26, 28 and 30 inch m/c barrels in game version.

Sporting version comes in 28, 30, 32 inch at 3.5kgs

Most Beretta's come with two different comb heights of 35 and 38mm. In general the 35mm suit women quite well but also fit me. The 38mm is far too low for me, I can't see the rib at all. :no:

You'll need to have a go with a few or at least mount a few in the shops. Find out which one it is that will be best for you, as no two guns are the same, try as many as you can. :yes:

Edited by COACH

I've owned both SP1 28" game and SP1 30" sporter (which I have kept)The sporter smoothes my swing out and allowed me to be more accurate and more confident then the game. Saying this, the game was just as devastating on close clays or Sim pairs as the sporter, but you will notice the difference when the targets start to get further away (40+ yards). For me, the sporter personally points nicer then the game with the rib and weight, but each to their own! I love both guns but my hearts with the sporter.

WARNING ~ If you are considering a gun for Game and clays I’d stay away from the field version.. Sounds stupid but the recoil from game loads makes you sore, I'm just under 6ft 1in and 198 lbs of solid muscle and you start to feel it pretty good after 30 or so shots.

Edited by Beretta Italy

WARNING ~ If you are considering a gun for Game and clays I’d stay away from the field version.. Sounds stupid but the recoil makes you sore, I'm just under 6ft 1in and 198 lbs of solid muscle and you start to feel it pretty good after 30 or so shots.

You might want to be looking at your mount mate, given a field gun is a lighter gun but with normal loads (28g-32g) you should not be suffering after 30 shots. I regulary shoot 50+ 32g cartridges through a very light SxS and suffer no ill effects. Not having a dig or tellling you to man up :lol::D

WARNING ~ If you are considering a gun for Game and clays I’d stay away from the field version.. Sounds stupid but the recoil from game loads makes you sore, I'm just under 6ft 1in and 198 lbs of solid muscle and you start to feel it pretty good after 30 or so shots.

You great jessie.......MAN UP <_<

You might want to be looking at your mount mate, given a field gun is a lighter gun but with normal loads (28g-32g) you should not be suffering after 30 shots. I regulary shoot 50+ 32g cartridges through a very light SxS and suffer no ill effects. Not having a dig or tellling you to man up :lol::D

Na the mounts fine it was the first thing I checked with 2 different coaches. It's not a sharp instant pain more of a dull ach then starts to become sore. Trust me lol I'd rather spend 100 quid or so to get my gun fit/mount checked as aposed to 500 quid to swap gun but as soon as I did I feel nothing. :D

For me personally, although I could stand the ache etc It wasn't doing my shooting any good. I noticed on the odd occasion when I thought I had an extra shot that I pulled the trigger and instantly cramped up and flinched but I've worked pretty hard and now it's relaxed as anything which has helped my shooting out no end!

Edited by Beretta Italy

Got both the game and sporter versions in 30" m/c they are great guns for the money.

There have been reports of the stocks getting marked if wet and a brown liquid comming from the barrel joint by by the chamber block. Thing to do is make sure you put some protection on the stock. I applied several coats of stock oil before I took it out and did not have a problem when it got rained on. Mine suffered the brown liquid around the joint, but after a couple of trips out this dissapeared.

+1 from another SP 1 sporting owner

nice gun but I did have some problems with the stock marking in the rain.

Resolved by rubbing down with fine wire wool and some lovingly applied coats of oil.

V

Going to do my stock tomorrow. :good:

Considering there is very little weight difference between the SP1 sporter and the field version you might as well get the sporter as you can shoot clays all year round but not game.

Edited by Thunderbird