Gun Safe - No key

jimmyb79

Hi all,

I'm moving to an old keepers cottage in a couple of months and when viewing saw that it had a gunsafe and ammo safe built in to a wardrobe. The current resident has no clue as to where the keys are or what may or may not be in the safes!

Both cabinets are the grey metal locker type, and the gunsafe has two key holes top left and top right as you face onto it. No visible makers mark or serial number anywhere but I think it's the type where the front comes right off rather than a hinged door.

Does anyone have experience of getting locks picked that can tell me roughly how much it'll be to get the things opened and new locks fitted? I'm not sure I can live in the place without knowing what's in them!

Thanks in advance

JB

Ok what you need is

2 ladies hair grips

50cm of 14 gauge wire

A stethoscope

Credit card

Mobil phone

Oxy acetoline

What do is phone a lock smith on the phone. Once he hears the crash he'll call the ambulance because he know the price just gave you a heart attack. The paramedic will use the the stetherscope to see if you a totally dead they will revive you and take you to hospital. You'll need the credit card to buy good food deliver of course. The 14 gauge wire can be used to make things to pass the time until you can get home and gas axe it open.

Take

Edited by welshwarrior

Ok what you need is

2 ladies hair grips

50cm of 14 gauge wire

A stethoscope

Credit card

Mobil phone

Oxy acetoline

What do is phone a lock smith on the phone. Once he hears the crash he'll call the ambulance because he know the price just gave you a heart attack. The paramedic will use the the stetherscope to see if you a totally dead they will revive you and take you to hospital. You'll need the credit card to buy good food deliver of course. The 14 gauge wire can be used to make things to pass the time until you can get home and gas axe it open.

Take

And the 2 hairgrips?.

Thanks chaps, some ideas to consider. The current owner is hunting for keys so hopefully it won't come to it, and access to the side is really limited because they've constructed a cupboard all around it. Jemmying it open and removing to replace with my 5/6 brattonsound might be the way forward.

Cheers all

I'm with Mongrel on this one,careful use of a decent prybar will get you in then a hardwood block and hammer to

tidy the rough edges remove locks and replace with similar,used this method a couple of times now once

for myself and again for a mate who had a senior moment with his keys,atb handy